CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 24, 2007

Self Control Can Be Such A Battle



Well the weekend started off good...but quickly went sour. I have some issues with self control, in many areas. Its hard when your out of town and every meal is at a restaurant. It can be a little overwhelming trying to figure out what is a good meal and what is not. But it something I need to learn to do. And I guess the more practice the better I can only get.

First my victories. Saturday morning I did awesome at Breakfast. I ordered egg beaters w/ peppers, onions, and tomatoes. 2 pancakes came with it, and with sugar free syrup. I ate one. Finding sidewalks did end up being a challenge since the hotel was on a major highway, so I opted out of walking. Instead I hit the exercise room at the hotel. I forgot how great it feels to work out on machines. I sweated my booty off on that thing! It felt great. I really felt like during the workout I pushed myself. Especially since after the first interval I thought...with this resistance, maybe this is to hard? But worked it out :)

The wedding at Mexican food, and it was buffet style so I could control what I put on my plate. I think I did fairly good with my choices. Balanced my plate out pretty good. I had 3 lite beers (smaller than 12 ounces to) while there as well which was a 5 hour span - and drank water the rest of the day. So if I stopped while I was ahead the day/night could of been good.

Now heres the loses. After the wedding we headed to the bride and grooms for a little after reception party. I avoided munching on chips, but did manage to drink more. And this wasnt lite beer. We were there pretty late so on the way back to the hotel we stopped and grabbed something to eat. Drunk Melissa and eating at 3am...yeah not a pretty site. On Sunday we headed home early afternoon and stopped and got Wendys on the way home. I did get one of the sandwiches rather than a burger - but I think I just kinda gave up at that point. The rest of the night was unsuccessful food wise. I planned on walking when I got home on Sunday but was tired, and moody - which Im sure played into why I was eating the way I was. And I think I felt crappy that I knew I was blowing my successful week, so threw in the towel so to speak.

I crashed early last night, and definitely was looking forward to waking up to a new day. Whats done is done, and today is a new day. Im sure after a few detox days, the number on the scale may start moving again. But not going to focus to hard on it this week since the weekend will bring lots of salt into my body and I will probably see a gain. Its really hard not letting that number on the scale really determine how my mood will be.

I have to remember though, I get what I earn. And that is exactly what happened this weekend. While the whole weekend wasnt blown away - I could have done better. I coached myself early in the weekend so I would do better, but still didnt follow through. Self Control...something I need to work on.

4 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

I had to smile - I can just see you hitting the bottle, trashed, and then trying to convince yourself to eat healthy at 3am. I tried that a few weeks ago - didn't work so well ;)

You're right though, you get what you earned. But, you always earned the right to have a good time for a night. Don't beat yourself up too bad, you had a great time.

Just don't let that great time allow you to have MORE great times. Just get back on it. Nice work - the next weekend you have will be a bit different, I'm sure :)

Marcol said...

Its behind you Melissa so just use it as a tool when youre faced with similar circumstances to remind you of what not to do.

Youve identified the need for self-control so its up to you to educate yourself in this area and then put it into action.

No sense beating yourself up, like you said its over now. You can let it dictate your mood in the sense that you will let it inspire you to do-good this week and beyond. Use it as a berometer. And another thing with self-control that works is being in tune with your body and knowing how youre feeling. Recognzing the signs of being full, tipsy etc helps.

So heres to a great week heh?

Ripx180 said...

At least is wasn't a completely bad weekend. I had some beers on Friday night (probably 6 or 7 bud lights) and found my hand in a bag of chips... Funny that I started thinking about the other FAT weekend warriors and closed it down (the bag of chips that is). I actually felt guilty....

bottom line I hear you on the struggle with self control, especially when drinking.

swankywanker said...

I see weddings as a huge exception to my life of moderation. When a good friend invites you to celebrate his/her marriage, and ponys up for an open bar, it is my duty to accept that gift and get nice and loaded. Not to do so would disrespect the sanctity of marriage.

You'll more than burn off all the weekend's damage at your 3-day. Is that this weekend? I wish you a blister/chafe/cramp free walk.