CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 21, 2007

Road Trip

Today Grant and I took off for a weekend road trip. Just 3 hours away. We are in Indiana for a wedding. And whats has been Melissa's mentality for years when anywhere except home? Eat whatever I want because Im on vacation! Not this time though. This time I plan on staying on track.

I saw a new low on the scale this morning, and Ive finally reached the weight I was right after my surgery. I had surgery this past Feb and went back to work in April and was at an ultimate low. Unfortuantely I gained back 15 pounds between April and June. So it feels good to be back to that lower weight. No more yo-yoing for me. I seem to make that same mistake, with 10-20 pounds over and over and over. No more! This time its gone for good!

Ive scoped out the area for walking in the AM. The wedding isnt until 2 so I have plenty of walking time aloud. Problem is no sidewalks. Go figure. We are right on a busy intersection to. Im going to see if I can maybe look up some side street areas on mapmyrun.com. If it comes down to it, than they have a 24 hour exercise room so I will head down there and at least get some workout in. I really would like to get some walking in though since its the last weekend before my walk. Ill plan on walking when I get home on Sunday, but still would like to get some miles on tommorrow to.

I may check back in tommorrow - if not defintely Sunday. Enjoy your weekend :)

P.S. Yes Grant and I are computer geeks and take a laptop when we go out of town. Hey its free wifi! lol

2 comments:

Marcol said...

Good for you on hitting your lowest again. Keep it up and youll be at even lower number before you realize it.

Enjoy the wedding!

Ripx180 said...

Sweet on hitting the new low and finding places to get a workout in. Bet you guys are cruising your new wheels too :) I love road trips when you got new wheels to drive.

I am a computer geek too... My laptop pretty much goes with me on any weekend I am out of town unless its in the great outdoors camping or something.