CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 16, 2007

I always was a fan of turtles

Slow and steady...that is my story on weight loss. And Ill take it! Down another 2.5 pounds this week. I think I need a new scale though. I weighed myself 7 times, and got 3 different weigh ins. I took the weigh in that was the same 4 times (and Ill note it wasnt the lowest ;) ). The first weigh in was WAY off. I was looking to see if I can reset, or rebalance it, but not an option. Maybe next month Ill go buy a new one, but probably not a good idea mid month.

Anyhoo, its nice to see the scale moving again. Especially after a frustrating month in August. Ive really been conscious of what I eat and think its definitely helping.

Yesterday was my last 18 miler before the 3 day and it was a great walk. The temperatures have dropped drastically here in Michigan, so it was pretty chilly. Ive been digging out my warmer clothes, but unfortunately they still don't fit. Boohoo. My first 3 day when I trained in the winter, I was at my lowest weight ever (which was a little to low if you ask me), so the clothes are itty bitty. So I may have to go hit up the stores today. My left knee was achey a bit yesterday from mile 12-18. Which is odd because my right knee is the bad one. I think the cold might have had something to do with it. A few hours after the walk it was feeling a-ok though. I was so proud of myself for not taking a nap after my long walk yesterday. Which started to be a routine, and than Id get all disappointed that I wasted my day! Instead, Grant and I hit the stores. We are going out of town next weekend for a wedding and we needed to find me a dress and him a tie and shirt. So many people out yesterday, and so many stores just rummaged through....it was like Christmas! We had no luck finding anything, but was nice to try on mediums vs larges though :)

We stopped at Olive Garden for dinner, and sad to admit it wasn't as successful as my Mexican night out. And I voiced my concern to Grant when I scanned the menu. He said well look at the little items marked for healthy options. I didn't really like any of them, so did end up getting not the smartest choice. Chicken Parm. But I did get wheat pasta. I filled up on salad, ate one bread stick (grant moved the bread over by him and thought I didn't notice but than I thanked him), and promptly put half of my meal in a carry out box. So I felt OK about my choice. Could have done better, but sometimes I will have to take the good with the bad as long as I don't overdo it with portion size.

This morning Bandito was ready to get up and cause chaos at 6am. Thankfully Grant got up and let me sleep in. I slept in till 11, that felt nice. So now I'm just eating a bit, and than going to head out for my walk. 8 or 10 miles, still debating that one. I may also do my DVD when I get back to since the walk is so much shorter today.

I'm feeling pretty darn good today :)

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Glad to see that your weight is headed down. 2.5 lbs is great! You should be proud of yourself. :)

billy said...

Nothing slow and steady about 2.5 lbs a week, that's great news!

Olive Garden, however, is always bad news... :(

Marcol said...

Nice on the 2.5 loss. Youre doing so good.

Rob Tucker said...

Agreed with Billy. I'd take 2.5 pounds any day of the week.. er, week of the month. Eh, you know what I mean.

2 weeks til the walk!

Ripx180 said...

yup, as they all said 2.5lbs a week is stellar. I would love to see those numbers.