CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday Thoughts...

I was trying to blog all day, but work has gotten insanely busy. I was given more accounts at work (I asked for them, I know Im crazy)so busy busy busy. It does make the days go by faster though :)

Anyhoo, my weekend was pretty good. Saturday I headed out for a 12 miler. We finished in about 3.75 hours. Pretty good pace. And just a walk around the park at this point ;) After my walk I had TONS of errands to run. We did decide to go out to Dally in the Alley after we ran errands. Grant and I both wanted to get out, but I wasn't to crazy about all the House music going on....but we went out anyways. We hung out at Dally for a couple hours, and the music sucked, imo. lol Detroit is bombarded with House music right now...and Im seriously so over it. One dj was horrible, you would have thought it was her first time spinning records. Kristen was there (looking hotter than ever), so it was nice to hang out with her :) She talked me into staying out, (I wasn't having that great of a time), and am glad she did. I got some much needed Kristen time :)

I didnt drink anything but water while we went out on Saturday night. I was determined to not derail my progress, and it was a smart choice because the scale was pretty nice to me Sunday morning. YAY! A good thing about changing my lifestyle right now also plays into my social scene. I have a alcohol abuse problem that I have been battling with, and trying to get under wraps for the last year. (well actually many years but really finally making changes this past year) And Im finally making progress and positive changes in that area. Dont get me wrong, I have my ups and downs through this issue, but Im finally letting Melissa , instead of Melissa's surroundings, take control. It feels great, and empowering. Im sure my body is quite happy with my choices to :)

Anyhoo, Sunday I went down and helped out another 3 Dayer by working a Tigers game. Rough game for my boys. But it was a beautiful day, I kept thinking how great it would have been to be walking. When I got home I was pretty whooped so ate dinner, watched the beginning of the VMA's and called it an early night.

Okay thats enough rambling for now. :)

5 comments:

Marcol said...

Good job on staying sober and sticking with water. Enjoy your week!

Ripx180 said...

Did you enjoy Britneys intro on the VMAs? :) I heard it was horrible. Glad the scale is being kind to you.

Rob Tucker said...

Great decision on the water. You were well rewarded for it!

Anonymous said...

We all need a little Kristen time!!! ;)

Hey, great job on the water. It's good to see that you're carrying your weight-loss discipline to other areas of your life. :)

Rebecca said...

I'm not sure why exactly, but I have definitely found that losing weight helps me in other areas, like spending money. Good for you that you are using it to help you stay sober. Wishing you continued success!