CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 14, 2007

Mexican Food - No Problem

So yes, thank you my fellow F.A.T. members, you helped me make what could of been a disastrous night, a successful one. I met my 3 day friends out for dinner, and carefully scanned the menu. Sure enough there was one plate hidden on the menu that was grilled chicken with veggies, and it came with white rice. So I ordered that but substituted my rice with beans. Ordered only water. And pushed the chips and salsa to the other side of the table. When my meal arrived I promptly asked for a carry out box and put half of it in there. And than when deserts were ordered, I said no thanks.

How did it feel? Freaking Fantastic. And I did hear you guys cheering in my head. And that felt freakin great to. :)

Funny how a few different choices can make you feel so good. I am in control you flab. So take that! :)

I did end up staying later than planned and chatting the night away, so didnt get my workout in since it was close to 10 when I got home. But I had my hilly 6 miler planned for the next day after work so knew that one night off wouldnt kill me. Especially since sometimes you need that mental health day with friends from time to time. I love these ladies, they really are some of the most amazing woman Ive ever met :)

So yesterday I got my 6 miles in and than it was laundry night, so was stuck there till 9:30. Bandito thought he was slick. When I got home and the nice clean bedding was put on the bed, bandio creeped up on the bed, gave me those puppy dog eyes and I said NO WAY BUDDY! Get out of here. And he jumped down, and I went to go do something...when I came back he was rubbing his face and body all over the bed. Yep, so much for keeping the bed clean. White hair galore. That little bugger. hehe

Tonight we are meeting my parents for dinner but nothing else planned. So think Ill hit up my dvd :) And I have an 18 miler planned for the AM. Last big walking weekend. I think Im probably the only insane person that is excited for the weekend to get here so I can walk 18 miles. lol Call me crazy :)

8 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Good call on the Mexican .. so hard to avoid the "good stuff" when it comes to Mexican for me.

Also - I meant to mention this before, but I'm going to be in the "cheering sections" during the 3-day walk at the end of September when you guys are walking (supporting my buddy). If you want, let me know and I can see if I can't cheer you on a bit, maybe catch up with you at one of the stops.

Melissa said...

Rob, I just printed out the cheering stations to give to my parents. Let me know which one you plan on being at and we can look out for each other :)

billy said...

Melissa,

You just described EXACTLY what I would do at the mexican restaraunt!!!! Beans are a terrific substitute for rice (the place I go to has peppers n onions that you can substitute also). And it was still delicious, right?

I'm so proud of you!

Rob Tucker said...

I'm not sure which ones I'll be at yet - I'll probably be doing a few. I'm curious to see if I can make one station, see you and my buddy go by, and then race to the other one to cheer you on again.

I'll be walking next year, so I'm looking forward to seeing this walk in action.

Melissa said...

Thank you Billy. It was delicious!

Is it funny that you totally made me blush? lol

Rob, we can train together next year :) If your buddy and I walk a similar pace, you so can probably catch us both at cheering stations. I was taking a look at the spots but am not familiar with that area so not sure how far apart they are. Are you going to closing cermonies? You have to go. You will be moved. :)

Kristen said...

Oh...you're a better person than I am for sure. I just have to avoid Mexican altogether since I lack all self-control in that area.

Good luck with your walks this weekend!

Marcol said...

Awesome job on your food selection...high five for that!

18 mile walk, BIG things - have fun and ohhhh feel the burn :)

Rebecca said...

Wow, good work on the Mexican restaurant. That's right baby - you control the flab! ;)