CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Breast Cancer 3 Day Is Here!


Yay! Its finally here! I cant explain how giddy and excited Ive been all day. The work day was soooo long! I know tommorrow when I hit opening ceremonies I'm probably going to be overwhelmed with emotions. Since I had to sit out last year due to medical problems, its really made this year so much more special. I feel so lucky to be part of the 3 day community, and able to do my part in the fight against Breast Cancer. A weekend of hope. A weekend surrounded by kindness. A weekend where we are making a difference. A weekend that changes lives :) At least it did mine 4 years ago. :)

Ive finally got my packing done. I had to switch to a duffel bag vs a bag on wheels. It was quite the task cramming all that stuff in one bag, but I got it done. I hope my sleeping bag is thick enough. I opted for a lighter one and put a fleece blanket in it. I did pack tons of body warmers to though.

Ill be heading down to Opening ceremonies with my parents around 6am. I have awesome support from my parents through the whole weekend. I even design them shirts to wear. Although I had quite the mishap with my shirt order this year. I waited to long to order them and today it arrived, except the shirts were someone elses order! But I called and they are overnighting the right shirts so should arrive here in the AM. I was pretty bummed when I first opened the package!

I was pleasantly surprised to see the number on the scale this morning. 1 pound away from my September goal. Im going to weigh again in the morning and may use that as my ending weight for the challenge. I know from previous 3 days, that the food we eat will cause me to be a little bloated at the end of the weekend. All the salt. Even though you burn so much of that off, it still may take a few days next week to get my body back to normal. This event can be a womans dream: eat, drink, walk, pee. Repeat. lol My body needs all the food offered so no counting calories this weekend for me :) I thought in previous years that oh I wont be hungry, Ill limit my food. But with all the energy your burning...your body says, FEED ME! :)

Well I better get to bed. Ill take tons of pictures to share. Hey maybe we will get one of Rob, Jim, and I :) Have a great weekend F.A.T.!

9 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

VERY cool. I know Jimbo's been excited about this as well. I'll try to get Jim and I caught up with you at some point - that picture would be pretty cool.

Have fun at the event - not that we have to tell you that!

Kristen said...

I'm excited for you that it's finally here! Good luck and have fun.

Jay said...

Sounds fun, good luck!

Anonymous said...

Good luck, have fun, and take pictures!

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Melissa!!!

Marcol said...

Im so happy youre happy Melissa. Since its now Saturday as I post your probably out there walking your heart out. Great cause. Thinking of you.

PS - Awesome that youre only 1 lb away from your goal. Good for you!

Jim McCoy said...

Melissa,

It was great meeting you this weekend! It was also great walking with you into Closing Ceremonies!! Can't wait to see those pictures!!

Jim

swankywanker said...

So, how'd it go?

David said...

Hi Melisssa,

Hope you had a good 3-Day and that all went well. You have my warmest congratulations for participating in such an event.

I have caught you final weigh in in Rob's blog : 156 ! WOW ! Way to go !

CYA