CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Challenge of the week - Good Friends Good Food

So tonight I have a challenge. Im going out to eat with the woman I met on my first Breast Cancer 3 Day walk. There are about 15 of us that met that first year and go out to dinner every few months. We always go to the same restaurant. El Charros. This awesome Mexican restaurant. Usually I get all the cheese loaded foods that taste fabulous and is so not good for me. Tonight I want to make the healthy choice. So I need your help! What is "healthy" at a Mexican restaurant? First I know I should not indulge in the chips and salsa. I can eat a whole bowl to myself sometimes!

Im meeting my friends at 6:30, so I should still get home at a reasonable hour where I can squeeze in my dvd. My abs were sore from Monday nights dvd. Working out in just my sports bra and some shorts really pushes me through that ab work since Im thinking, nice to see you flab when I look at my stomach. lol

Last night I met Jennifer for our weekday 6 miler by our work. We went in the opposite direction this time and my legs are definitely feeling those hills today. I love that feeling. The weather was so sporadic last night to. First the sun was shining, than the wind picked up, than it poured rain for 10 minutes, and than we had the sun again. A little bit of everything :) The weather is worrying me a bit. I have a feeling we are in for a rude awakening on the 3 day. Hopefully Mother Nature will be nice to us :)

P.S. GOOOO Tigers! The last few games, well except yesterdays first game, have been awesome! My boys are back! I gave up my ticket to tonights game so Grant could take his dad. He gets to take him for a spin in the new wheels. GOOOO Tigers!

6 comments:

Ripx180 said...

Mexican is tuff.... maybe a black bean burrito less the butt load of cheese. Go with shredded chicken for your meat in the burrito and get some guak aka avocado and salsa to dump all over it. If you have to have a beer stay with the light stuff (corona light etc). I am sure there are some good salads too, just think protein and veggies (no fried shells or mega carbs). I am sure some other people will have some solid advice too. Stick to your guns girl!

I am betting rain or shine you will be walking and kicking some tail.

Ripx180 said...

ohhh yeah forgot to mention #1 Portion control....

billy said...

If it's a good mexican restaurant you should be able to get a steak or chicken or fish platter of some sort with vegetables. Look for beans, meat, veggies, and if you must, rice. Avoid chips, tortillas, and cheese. And yes, whatever you get? Eat half and take the rest home.

Stay away from the chips, but feel free to put some guac or salsa on your food.

Rob Tucker said...

These guys already have the food advice on mark, so I'll talk about the Tigers ;)

Went to the game last night - 6 rows off the field right at third base.. if I looked to my right I was looking RIGHT INTO the Tiger's dugout. VERY fun.

We need a couple more wins in a row here, maybe we can get back into this division race!

Jay said...

they said everything about food, and I'm not big on the Tigers so I'll just say "Pac-10 foot ball" :)

Ripx180 said...

so how did it go Melissa? what did you find to eat?