CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 8, 2007

The new addition to our family....

So yesterday we went and picked our mini cooper. We have waited a long, 7 weeks for this baby! But he/she (we havent named her/him yet) made is safe from the U.K to Detroit :) I knew Id be excited, but not this excited. This car is sweet!

Okay Im a little more excited about this car than I thought. This car is so sweet! It rides so nice, the sound system is amazing, the comfort is top notch, and its so much more roomy than you think! Last night we took a 2 hour drive out by the water :) Here s our new baby :)












I am so proud of Grant. He really is someone I admire in regards to his career. He has never gone to college, self taught himself everything he knows. He use to be in autocad but was always getting laid off, so he decided to switch careers. He said, I dont need a degree to get to the top, I can do it on my own. So after many years of dedicating to teach himself to be the best he can be in web developing, hes there. Senior web developer at an awesome company, and just promoted to project manager. He got there, and without that degree that everyone told him he would absolutely need. Hes amazing. Or like I call him, pardon my french, a fucking genius. He so deserves this car :)

So I missed out on my workout yesterday. I had a really bad day emotionally. But the car ride and time together with Grant really helped bring my mood up. New day today. No time to dwell on the negative or the past. Im getting ready to meet Jennifer to walk 12 miles. And that small 6 miler the other day, in the hilly area....that kicked my butt! It felt awesome! I have a feeling the actual route on the 3 day is going to a little bit more of a workout than I planned :) Bonus! (funny how I thought simply walking 60 miles isnt a workout eh?)

10 comments:

Kristen said...

Congrats on the new car. I can't wait for a ride in it :)

You guys coming out tonight? Dally, Hot House, Dorkwave...
choices choices :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear you had an emotionally bad day...those suck! Keep your chin up, though!!

Glad Grant and the ride helped the mood. :)

Melissa said...

Kristen, I am so over House music right now. Grants talking about going to Dally though....still up in the air.

Thanks Beck :)

Marcol said...

Hope youre feeling a lot better now, sucky days just suck. Heres to you having a great weekend.

The car is sweet!

Thanks for telling Grant's story - it was just pretty motivational to me and part of what I was talking about with someone earlier today. I was one who complained very recently of not having the degree or money to get it but now Im focusing my energies on what I can do and how I can get myself there without it. Thanks Grant for being inspirational and showing us that we can get it done regardless - if we want it.

Rob Tucker said...

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

A Detroiter buying a Mini Cooper?

For shame, for shame.

(It is cute, though =)

Kristen said...

Ha! I'm going to tell Grant that Rob said his car is "cute"!

Rob Tucker said...

Kristen - I was just being polite. A mini car in the MOTOR CITY? ;)

David said...

Sweet car !

Oh, and i think we are going to do pretty good in this week of the September Challenge.

CYA

Ripx180 said...

Nice looking mini. If I didn't need the space in my rig i would totally get one of those. After I saw the movie "Italian job" I thought they were AWESOME!! congrats on the new ride, I am sure you will both really enjoy it.

Rebecca said...

Ever since the Italian Job I've wanted a mini cooper - they are so cute! Congrats on your new addition - you & Grant have quite a diverse family going on over there!