CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ramblings

This week is going by soooo slow! I knew the last two weeks before my walk would drag. The days drag by, but when the nights hit, I have so much to do and they FLY by. I did end up giving in to an bad urge today, and ate Taco Bell. While eating I regretted every bite..and it wasn't even that good. But for some reason I kept piling the food in my mouth. Even while ordering I thought....you know your going to feel craptastic later....why are you doing this. But I quickly shut that voice up. I know I was just giving into convenience which is a lame excuse because lots of healthy options could be convenient as well. Its probably been a good two months since my last fast food meal. I use to eat it daily :( Whats done is done. Time to move on.

I had my interview yesterday, and I think it went good. The woman seemed to take a liking to me. She also said she looks forward to calling me later in the week, and asked if starting next week was a problem. That has to be promising right? She has to check my references first. The job looks pretty laid back, well compared to my previous part time jobs. Its a counseling office, and all the therapists are contracted in so they handle their schedules. We are mainly just a support staff to them. So basic office tasks. I think it will be the perfect part time job for me. Keeping my fingers crossed!

So with that part time job looking like a possibility, I have already started hashing out some schedules. Where to fit in workouts, healthy dinners, etc. Its a little overwhelming, but I can do this. I do handle things better when Im super busy. Well sort of, my eating and exercising sometimes wasnt handled so great. But this time around it will be handled different. Im doing it right. And will succeed! I need to pick Rebecca's, and all of your brains on some stuff though. Im sure the first few weeks will be a lot of trial and error, finding out what works best for me. In a way, I think it will help me stay on track more. I wont have time to goof off!

I also started to look for races that I could enter. SoI have a goal in front of me. I saw that Hansons (local running store), has these group runs for all levels and thought that might be something Id like to do. But if I get this part time job that wont work. But I think maybe a 5K may be the event I need. Ill have to see what happens in the next week and see if Ill be able to put in the training. I may pick up that training program David posted on his blog. Id really like to do a triathlon in the future...but first Id have to learn how to swim :p Something about that event just feels hardcore to me.

Oh , and another thing....my first year during the 3 Day I made a shirt to wear. It had all the people I was walking in honor of. I debated back and forth if I was going to do it this year, and at the last minute decided what the heck. And the site I used in previous years has coolmax shirts! So Im definitely making one now. So if there is anyone, that any of you would like me to add to my shirt just shoot me their name. Id love to add them :-)

P.S. Thanks Rob and Kristen for the comments on my previous blog. Rob..I know woman really are crazy eh? lol I guess Im guilty of that! Just typing out that blog made me feel better. Its like I got it all out of my system and am ready to move on. Somtimes keeping that stuff bottled in makes you feel like your going to erupt like a volcano! It is what it is, and thats sad for her. But not for me! Ive been waiting all year for this event, nothing is going to bring me down. 8 days till the 3 day! I cant wait :)

5 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

I can't believe you're only 8 days away. I'm excited for you.

And yeah, it's no revelation that women are crazy, but it's ok. We love you girls anyway. I think that makes GUYS crazy too, eh? ;)

swankywanker said...

Do you taper before a 3-day?

Melissa said...

Swankywanker....we do taper, not drastically though. The last few weekends my sunday walks have gone down to about 8 miles, vs 15 miles. And this weekend Im down to 10, and 8. During the week Im down to 4 and 5, vs 6 and 8 I usually do. And next week Ill only walk on Tuesday, and than do cross training Wed, and rest the rest of the week.

swankywanker said...

So you'll be clawing the walls with extra energy, right? And you'll kick some booty next weekend. I'm a little jealous. I should look for something to train for, a target besides the narcissistic ones I have already.

Marcol said...

Melissa I hope you have that part-time job signed and sealed before the week is out. Keep us posted.

Im proud of you for thinking ahead and working on getting a plan in place for the next phase in your life - by doing this you cant help but to continue to make successful strides on your "journey from flab to fab."