CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 6, 2007

Weekend Progress


So my weekend definitely started off not so great, but I think I pulled through in the end. Friday night we headed down to Comerica Park to watch the Tigers. Going to the baseball game is one of my favorite things to do. Just being in the park, and watching the game live is such a fresh of breath air. Unfortunately there is tons of food that seems to call my name while Im there. And going to the park hungry isnt always the best idea. So it got the best of me. I was a little disappointed that I caved in, but didnt let it discourage me because I was focused on making the rest of the weekend better. I know weekends can be the hardest part, so I try to make good portion sizes rather than limit the foods Im going to eat.

So Saturday I got up bright and early to meet my friend for our 12 mile walk. We managed a 17 minute mile, and finished in 3.5 hours. We are heading out to more hillier trails now since the actual 3 day walk is on the West side. We live on the east side. East is flat, West is hilly. So I definitely felt my legs burning when we were done. After my walk I spent some time with my parents, and instead of shoving the eggs, bacon, and hash browns..I opted for a chicken salad with fruit. Than I had quite the experience Saturday night. Grant and I went grocery shopping and came out to my car that was completely dead. It appeared to be the battery so we tried to get a jump...unfortunately not to many people are willing to help out others, but we did get one person to help. It wouldnt jump. So I ran the groceries back in and asked if they could keep them in a cooler until I came back with our other car. Grant and I didnt have our cell phones and we dont know anyones number since its under their names in our cell phone...so off on foot we went. 4 miles. Hey I guess I walked more than I intended to that day. lol Except grant had on moccasins and I had on flip flops..needless to say our feet were a little sore when we got home. When we got back up there..the battery was shot, so we bought a new one (how convenient we were at Meijers), and finally headed home. But oh the groceries....they lost them. The guy who put them in a cooler left for the day, and they couldnt find them. So I had to reshop. I got half way through reloading my basket..and saw a walk in beer cooler...i thought hmmmm. Sure enough, there was my basket of paid groceries. So finally we headed home. All we could do is laugh on the way home. What a night!

Sunday I was meeting another 3 Day walker in Royal Oak, and Deb (my friend who I usually walk with) was going to meet us. Well she got chafed really bad the day before and cancelled at the last minute. She had a huge welt on her leg. I said, Body Glide, Body Glide, Body Glide... you cant live without it on the 3 day! To my surprise she ended up coming. I proud of her for pushing through :) The woman we met mapped out a nice walk for us through 4 different cities. We did 11.5 and took us a little bit longer, since it rained 80% of the walk. We headed to a family bbq when I got home...and I was falling asleep at the party so we called it an early night. I was in bed by 8:30. heh

Now that Im walking more..I definitely need to eat a little more. I thought I did good eating wise on saturday and sunday, but think I was so sluggish due to not enough food. Ill have to figure out what a good calorie range to aim for is...especially when Im walking for 3-4 hours a day.
All in all..I feel like I had a pretty good weekend :)

5 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Can't tell you how much I smiled when I opened your blog and saw Comerica Park smiling back.

Sounds like a good weekend - now if only we could get the team to win a game, we'd be all set!

David said...

Well look at that. That's some serious mileage under your belt !

I think you will have impressive results when september comes !

When is you cancer walk due exactly ?

David

Anonymous said...

COPA!!!! I really miss Michigan sometimes!! Mainly the sports!

Anyway, dude, you're a walking machine!!! Those miles are awesome.

Melissa said...

Thanks everyone :)

My walk is the last weekend in September....8 weeks away!

I saw a whole new side of Comerica Park today, as a worker..it was not pretty. I shall blog about it tommorrow.

Kristen said...

We should make something healthy this weekend :)