CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 27, 2007

Shorter blog this time I promise..


lol, okay so maybe I was rambling a bit on my last blog entry. See what happens when you don't blog daily? I'm living proof. Although I could probably ramble off like that on any post.

The fatigue saga continued today. I could barely keep my eyes open at work. But when I got home I jumped on (please don't flame me for this one) my gazelle. Its been years since I pulled that thing out, so it sounded a little rusty. Amazingly I lost a good 20 pounds on that thing before. I barely broke a sweat this time. I did 30 minutes and than sat down and sorted through bills. Which than led to a stress headache. While I laid down to nurse my headache with an eye pillow, I said get up girl. So I did. I made some turkey chili for dinner and watched the beginning of the Tigers game.

While enjoying the Tigers game and surfing the web aka catching up on your blogs, I read Marcols blog and thought to myself shes talking about me. So I look over at Grant and he says, are you ready to work out to your DVD now? lol He knows me to well. So I popped that DVD in and feel great about it. Surprise Surprise, my headaches gone. And got done in time to watch the end of the game, where we are spanking those Yankees butt!


When YOU start working for YOU, the results will come. It all comes back to YOU - are you willing to do what it takes.

Are you willing to sacrifice!

Are you willing to eat stuff you may NOT LIKE.

Are you willing to do stuff that is HARD.

Are you ready to face your fears, your weaknesses, your BS, your lies, your truths, your demons, your dreams?

Because when you ARE, then IT will start working for you.

Damn aint that the truth? I need to quit half ass-ing stuff. I think I need to do some more research on better eating so I feel more prepared. Im open for any links you guys want to share! Also what cardio can I do besides walking right now? I don't have access to a gym at this time, and running doesn't agree with my knees. That gazelle aint going to cut it this time around. Maybe I should take my mountain bike out?

5 comments:

Ripx180 said...

As long as you are doing some kind of cardio its a winning situation. Just don't start looking or acting like Tony Little :)

Eating healthy is like anything else anyone is looking at. There are allot of schools of thought. I personally like eating as much stuff as possible el-natural as I would call it. If its been processed a bunch you most like don't want it. whole foods... I also know that eating less carbs as much as possible works well for me too. Everyones different though and you kind of have to experiment. Lots of veggies are good any way you slice it. Veggies are king, lots of fiber and other good stuff.

Rob Tucker said...

I'd offer you a list of smart foods but I'm struggling with the same thing. I was talking to a buddy and he was singing the praises of hummus and avian style cooking, but I couldn't point out a good asian style recipe in a line up.

I'll definitely be checking into the comments in this blog to steal your ideas :)

Rebecca said...

Wow Melissa, I saw your comment last night but I didn't think you were serious. Good for you!

As Rob said, there are lots of schools of thought with regard to healthy eating. I mostly follow John Berardi's precision nutrition program, personalized a bit. It's basically eating every 2-3 hours, mostly protein & veggies (lots of protein). I have found it to be effective at helping me lose fat, and reshape my body. I haven't lost pounds on the scale as fast as I would have liked, but they are coming off.
Check it out -precisionnutrition.com. Feel free to comment on my blog with any questions, or email me.

Kristen said...

I try to stick to low carb as much as possible. I know that I'll still eat them, so this just helps to limit the amount. Like Ripx said...natural foods. Dr. Oz suggests staying on the outsides of the grocery store as much as possible.

Does your Gazelle have resistance settings?

Marcol said...

Hey Melissa. Kristen is on point with shopping the circumfrence of the grocery store. The aisles usually consist of foods that are processed, full of carbs and just no good for you. On the outer parts are the fruits & veggies, meat & seafood, dairy & water. Good place to begin. Rip is also correct with sticking with whole foods. They fill you up and are just down right good for you. Rebecca hints to a good program to look into - precision nutriton. You could even just go to JB's site and purchase his Gourmet Cookbook. The stuff tastes great and works towards healthy living. JB is a registered dietician so he knows his stuff.

I will try and do a post later on something you may want to consider.

Sorry to hear about the bills but it will all work out in the end, it usually does.