CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Determination...


that is what I had tonight! So after reading Rob's blog I thought, I want to bike. That sounds fun! I haven't taken my bike out yet this year due to walking so much. The tires are flat, but I just figured it needed air. I should have known walking the bike up to the gas station to get air would be a fiasco! But I figured since a storm was coming in, a bike ride would do better than a walk. Ill spare you the details but lets just say 2 gas stations and 2 trips home later I came to the conclusion....I need new tires.

When I got home I was a bit frustrated and sat down on the couch, than saw the eye of the Tiger. Actually it was Grants eye. lol He went out to the laundry mat so I could stay and get my workout in, so I popped in that good ol DVD. Ive been doing pretty good with this one, 3-4 times a week. Its a cardio mixed in with hand weights, and than abs and legs of course. My legs were definitely feeling the burn, those squats are catching up to me. I think Im finally getting down the 4 count pushup :) I cant wait till the day when Im doing "real pushups". And side note: we dont have air....so I think I sweated like a pig...somehow sweating like that makes me feel hardcore for some reason. lol I know Im silly.

After that I made some yummie chicken mixed with veggies over rice. It was quite tasty..although I almost burned the house down when I left one of the burners on and the oven mit was to close. oops. hehe I told you Im a cook in training!

I told Grant about Marcols blog and how Id like to try the, The Fat Loss Kick-Start. He said he thinks I should go for it...it cant hurt to try. He said he will be there to support me, including when I need some tough love! I think I need that. :)

3 comments:

Jay said...

Nice! that's a good "small victory" to hang your hat on. I probably would have stopped before the DVD.

Rob Tucker said...

Good job - it's what we need to do more of I think, as a group.

Pushing JUST PAST the envelope. Doing 'what is normal' can't be enough.

Ripx180 said...

"Eye of the Tiger"..... thats some serious sh$t. Cool on trying the 2 week thing off Marcols site. It's a low carb thing which has worked really well for me in the past. Good thing is it appears to be a healthy low carb option (not high fat meats etc).