CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 13, 2007

Walk, Walk, Walk


In the last four days Ive managed to log on 39 miles. Not to shabby. My longest walk was on Saturday and I completed 15 miles, alone. I couldn't find anyone to walk with so headed out by myself. Boy was that a challenging day! I just couldn't find my rhythm that day. I kept looking for it, but it just wasn't coming. From mile 1 to mile 15, it just felt off. So during that time I did two things. 1. Visualized previous 3 day events, especially pictures like the one I posted. Thats the survivors walking in to closing ceremonies. and 2. Coached myself through the entire 5 hours it took me. I am my biggest fan, and that helps. Every mile I was giving props where do. You go girl! Only a few more miles. Woot Woot, Melissa your awesome!

hehe Whatever works right?

Sundays walk was only 2 miles shorter and I breezed right through it. Funny how finding that rhythm can really be so essential on you mentally. 7 weeks until my walk...Im starting to get really really excited now!

I had some pretty small other victories during the weekend to. Twice when I went out to eat, I brought half my meal home. That is such a huge thing for me, because Ive always been that person who has to clean their plate. When I was at a luncheon with friends yesterday I did it without even thinking. When I got in the car, I thought...look at that. Did it without even thinking. :)

Im feeling a little sore today from this new DVD I did yesterday to. I love that sore feeling..it was greatly missed over the last few months...or however long ago it was I last did one. Feels like years. This was a full body workout, so the works. Legs, abs, arms, cardio. Id like to try to do it 3 times a week...its helpful in getting back into a routine. Im sure my muscles are in shock from getting worked again. lol I have a wedding to go to at the end of September and would like my arms to have a little bit tone..that would be nice.

Im looking forward to a more uplifting positive week. I have another Tigers game fundraiser tonight. Im praying it doesnt go as bad as last week. And if it does at least I know how to handle the stress a little bit better. Instead of letting me let one thing affect tons of other small things in my life. I was feeling pretty down in the dumps last week, and all that walking definitely helped. I have to keep that as a mental note. Walk, Walk, Walk. Thats me :)

4 comments:

David said...

Wow, great job Melissa.

I think our team is going to do great in the challenge. Lets take it all the way !

I am also very happy to know you feel better. I wish you for a great fundraiser tonight at the game.

Good Day !

Rob Tucker said...

Walk, walk, walk!

You're doing great - I did those 12 miles this weekend, and I felt like I was about to walk off the edge of the earth. Being able to pull off 40+ in a 4 day period is impressive!

Ripx180 said...

You are doing some crazy miles walking. I don't know how you find the time with two jobs etc. Its really impressive to read about someone as dedicated as you. Do you take the pup on the walks with you? We have a Vizsla and she needs a crazy amount of exercise. I am going to start dragging her out running with me.

Melissa said...

Unfortunately Vinyls toe is broking so she is not allowed to do to much walking on it. And Bandito...yeah..Im still working on being able to walk him by myself.

Im excited for Vinyls splint to come off so we can hit the pavement together again :)