CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

5 Day Average....and Training Mode


So now I see why those 5 day averages can be better and more effective. Last week my actual weigh in was lower than my five day average...this week I dropped down 3 pounds and gained it back in the last day. So while my weigh in stayed the same, my 5 day average actually dropped down 1.5.

So now I see why that 5 day average is nice to use, and am learning to not let the daily weigh ins discourage me. David really pulled through for us, The Newcomers. Thanks David! You earned that loss this week for sure! You are a true inspiration!

Im hoping that I can pull my weight next week and maybe we can take first! hehe Am I aiming to high? (i can feel a flame from Billy coming on) I actually am heading up north on Friday, which makes me a little nervous about eating and drinking. My sisters and I are going on a canoe/camping trip. Well they are actually my stepsisters, but my stepdad and I are going through an adult adoption process right now...so they are soon to legally be my sisters. And thats how I see them :) They are 20 years older than me since our parents are 20 years apart, and never had a really close relationship. Since Ive been in my twenties we have really started to get to know each other better, and bond. So Im excited for the weekend. Theres going to be a ton of people up there, something like 6-7 car loads. We have a cabin, trailer, and tents. All girls weekend, boy do I need one! Should be a good time :)

The trip totally slipped my mind until one of my sisters called me yesterday. I was suppose to conquer my 17 mile and 15 mile back to back training walks this weekend, and almost bailed on the trip. That seems to always be my problem when Im in training mode. Especially when I get 10 weeks and under till the walk. I really like to stay focused on my walk. But this trip is equally important. So I decided Ill take a break from training walks and bond with my sisters. Ill be back at it next week, and Ill probably fit in some extra walks during the week so Im not feeling to off from walking. When I talked to them they were so excited that I am able to come. Every other year my walk is right around the corner so I cant go....but this year since the walk is at the end of September so its actually a great time to take a small break.

So hopefully I dont fall into the munching, drinking daze some of us can do while we are on "vacation". The canoe ride is a 5 hour one, so thats got to be some sort of a workout right? And Im sure I can find some nature trails to wonder upon :)

4 comments:

Ripx180 said...

I hear you on the 5 day average... however it can work against you too if you have a couple bad days. I know that :). Your trip this weekend sounds wonderful. Stick with light beer and diet soda for mixers if your gonna drink. You can save a ton of calories that way. HAVE FUN and d-stress.

David said...

Hi Melissa !

No worries about the weigh-in ! August isn't over yet and you had such a great first week.

Now let's get into gear and catch up Billy and Brian. I'm gonna bike 150-180 miles this weekend to try and catch up to them !

Enjoy your weekend, i wish you the best of times camping your your sisters.

Oh yeah, and a 5 hour Canoe trip, if your paddling actively, is a great workout ... it sure counts !

CYA

Rob Tucker said...

You guys do realize that 2 Studs and a Scale are just lying in wait for that #1 spot, right?

As for the average, you're absolutely right. If you can get past the day-to-day fluctuation (sure, no problem, right?) it gets less stressful, and it's a better indicator, anyway.

David said...

Rob, weren't 2 studs and a scale ahead of The Newcomers before this weeks weigh-in ? Maybe they can't keep up with The Newcomer's frenetic pace !

Just kidding, 2 studs and a scale are flying under the radar and are my biggest worry in the august challenge. I'm pretty certain they will cause a major surprise next week !