CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Too Cold to Exercise? Try Another Excuse

That was the question I asked myself this morning. So what did I do? What I do best. I googled it. :P And I found an article, Too Cold to Exercise? Try Another Excuse by Gina Kolata

http://www.theledger.com/article/20080117/ZNYT04/801170508/-1/USNEWS

While reading this article, and with the new inspiration and motivation that has kicked in this weekend (more on that in a bit), I started to dress for my run. It is a cold 8 degrees, and with the windchill I'm sure it feels close to 0 or -1 degree. But its all good. I did a 5 minute power walk warm up (the coldest part), and than started my run. It did take a good mile to get warmed up. But 10 minutes later I thought to myself...8 degrees? Hm. It feels like 40. :) It was a nice run where I was in a zone, and 4 miles felt great.

This weekend I had a Lia Sophia workshop/rally on Friday and Saturday. It was amazing. Very, very motivating and inspirational. Our theme at this rally, was Raise the Roof - Our motto for 2008. :) Aside from hearing from people in the company, there was also a motivational speaker, Brian Molitor. First I love motivational speakers, and try to go hear them as much as I can. This guy was one of the best I have heard! He has written a few books, and training programs on organizational development, problem solving, leadership coaching, team building, and strategic planning. Amazing Man. And than we heard another moving seminar by our Zone Managers, a husband/wife team. Having those three in one day was mind blowing! I'm glad I decided to go to this because it put a spark right back in me. Not just a spark for my Lia Sophia business, but it also sparked all other areas of my life. I feel rejuvenated, and ready to conquer the world. The last few months have really been off and on. On a few weeks, off a few weeks, repeat. This weekend was just what I needed.

So here comes the cheesy part of my entry today. So while on my run today, my mind was still processing all the things I heard yesterday at the rally, and what I want to do in the upcoming weeks for the year...and Madonna's - Ray of Light came on my ipod. And I heard a certain lyric that sounded different than I ever heard it before. (this made me thing of Gene.) It said this,

And I feel like I just got home
And I feel
And I feel like I just got home
And I feel

Faster than the speeding light she's flying
Trying to remember where it all began
She's got herself a little piece of heaven
Waiting for the time when Earth shall be as one

And that really hit me. That is how I feel. Good things are to come in the future, and Ive found my way back home :)

I pushed up my speed, smiled as the snow hit my face, and sang the lyrics. It felt great. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO glad to read your uplifting blog today. I cannot even imagine running in that temp. It will be 66 degrees here today and I'm bundled up with the heat on! We're a little sensitive to cold temps here in the desert.

Rob Tucker said...

I'm with Sharon - it's good to see you having some positive energy your way. Happy to see it Mel :)

Jay said...

nice job getting out there! Wasn't that an article in the NYTimes?

Julie said...

Great job on the run, brrr!

I saw your post on my blog today, we do have similar goals, good luck for Feb. 7th.

I may have to pull back a bit but that's okay, I need to get over this cold.

Ripx180 said...

There is some great energy to be had from this blog you wrote. McLovin it! Its so cool when the lyrics of a song reach out and propel you through a workout. I like the "try another excuse" attitude. I just need someone there sitting there saying that to me.