CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Smaller Sizes Boosts Confidence

Well today has been a pretty fantastic day if I do say so myself. First I woke up with a very nice weigh in - 4lbs down. I am now only 1 pound away from what I weighed before the holidays. I do have to say that started off my day on a very good note.

I got into work early since I went to bed at 8:30 last night. I needed to catch up on some sleep, so it was nice. So into work early, means out of work early. Which was good since I had a hair appt at 5. So I had just enough time to squeeze in my run. The wind was a bit of a challenge today, but it was a short run day so it was all good. So while enjoying my runners high, I went and got pampered at the salon, and now my hair is feeling as healthy as the rest of me :)

On the way home I had to stop and pick up some new shoes since Bandito ate my only black heels the other night. Im not even going to go into that story. And the shoe store is in a strip mall, so I decided to stop into TJMaxx. Its going out of business, so everything was marked down and than 60 percent off. Hot damn, it was like hitting the jackpot. Sort of. The 45 minute wait in line wasnt so great. :p But as I was digging through the racks, I fell upon lots of size 8's, and not many size 10's. So I figured what the heck, and threw them in the basket. Off to the fitting room I went. I tried the 8's first so if they didnt fit I wouldnt be disappointed because I had other pants that would fit after them. Its all a mind game. I tried on one pair of 8's and they fit like a glove! I instantly thought..this is TJMaxx so dont get to excited Melis. Well than I tried on a pair jeans that were a size 8. Those fit to! They were to long, but they fit! And every 8 I tried on after that fit as well. I am in a size 8 :) First goal to mark off for the year.

Don't you just love that feeling when you try on a smaller size, check yourself out in the mirror, and think Damn...you look good girl! or is that just me? lol

My confidence is definitely rising, which feels very, very nice :)

10 comments:

Marcol said...

Congrats on the size 8 fit and all at a discount price. Cant be mad at that. Good for you Melissa!

layla said...

you deserve to feel this way! I think dropping a size shows true progress- there's no surer way of confirming that you're smaller. and its what matters in the end. great job Mel you ought to be proud of yourself!

kyle said...

I'm not there yet Melissa, but I'm definitely excited for you. That must be an awesome feeling. Congratulations and keep up the great work!!

Anonymous said...

Melissa, that's awesome!! Size 8...wow! Good for you.

Rebecca said...

Go you! Weight loss & the accompanying smaller sizes are definitely a nice boost. Getting the hair did & going for a run are good too.

Rob Tucker said...

I like the tone in your voice. It's the results of hard work paying off right in front of your eyes. Can't beat a sale on top of it!

Jay said...

Yeah, I often find myself saying "damn, you look good girl!" It's like my motto. :)

Jim McCoy said...

Good job, Mel. Love to hear about the smaller size! That's always a great feeling.

Anonymous said...

Let's see, minus 4 lbs, good run, hair done, size 8's, huge discounts...ah a perfect day.
Good for you!

Rob Tucker said...

Mel, it's been five days, how you doing? Your favorite blog nazi is checking in =)