CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Peekaboo

Here I am. I know Ive been such a bad F.A.T. member lately! Please forgive me? Pretty please? Ill do 50 push-ups...does that make us even? :)


I don't have any excuses for not blogging either. No binging, not perfection to eating, but no binging. A little friend drama has been happening, but I think Ive finally been able to put that behind me. I did spend quite a bit of time blogging my 3 day experience. Phew was that long. But well worth the read. So if you are curious you can check it out, I broke posts down per day. :) Enjoy!


Anyhoo, so I hope you guys are doing good. Im going to catch up on your blogs tonight. Work is insane. I recently received more accounts at work, and they have provided me quite a challenge. So Ive been so busy lately. Makes the time go faster so thats always nice :)

Since my last post was exactly a week ago let me see what Ive been up to. I have kept my workouts going, not as many as I probably should be doing but some. I also have been keeping up with the strength training. And I started my walk/jog program this week. Tonight I shall accomplish day 2. Let me share with you about day 1. I head up to the track and am all pumped. I have that positive thinking going on, YAY Im going to be a runner one day, well maybe a jogger but runner in my eyes. Anyhoo so I start off and there is one other guy on the track. Hes doing laps, walking, and stopping to do chin ups every so often. My routine is going good, I thought 60 seconds would be super easy but it was a little hard. I was like phew, this is going to be a challenge. I even got pains on my side which I assumed were from some breathing technique I lacked. So these guys start to walk over to the track. Very fit cute guys. Yeah, it was a football team. They were having some sort of scrimmage on the field in the middle of the track. Lovely. I continued on looking straight ahead. 60 jog, 90 walk, 60 jog, 90 walk. Than this man shows up with his two daughters, they were probably 10 and 11 years old. They said, "How far today Daddy?". He says, only 2.5 miles. So they start off, passing me several times. I giggle inside and think...well Melis, we all have to start somewhere right? I will admit I was very happy when I was done though! lol
This is the couch to 5K program - and its 9 weeks long. So that takes me right to the beginning of December. I thought maybe Ill want to sign up for a 5K, but not sure. I wonder if Im going to wuss out (running outside) when the temps drop low. I hope not. A turkey trot would probably be to soon, but Im sure theres some jingle 5k's I can find for December. Ill have to think about that one.
I did have a nice weigh in yesterday - 3lbs down. :) I was very pleased with that. Im 3 pounds away from 25 pounds lost. I started my weight loss journey this time last year. Crazy it took me a year to get 25lbs off. Sadly, March - August I gained and lost the same 10-15 pounds more than Id like to count. See where yo-yo-ing can get you? lol I dont plan on ever letting those pounds come back. When I hit 25, I think Ill take some progress pictures and post them :)

5 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Glad to see you have another event to work towards. Seeing you disappear after the 3-day made me worry that you might have had your goals disappear.

Keep on going - I'll be doing the Turkey Trot this year (keep in mind I have to take breaks - there's no shame in not going the full distance non stop).

There's a few good sites if you want to find some December routes here in Michigan. Let me know and I can try to find some for you/us.

Kristen said...

OH...I was dying when you were talking about the fit guys coming to practice. Eyes straight ahead. Pretend they aren't there. Mind over matter.

I had to do that last night during bootcamp. We use the gym, and guys started coming in for a bball game that was starting right after we were done. This is while I was doing my walking pushups down the ladder rope (girlie style of course). Soooo embarrassing.

You look GREAT by the way. We need to do the 5k together. Maybe all the Michigan folks can do it.

Jim McCoy said...

I'm in for a 5k if we can get it scheduled in time to get it off of work. Just let me know. I did one back in uhhh... June? at the race for the cure, and I'd like to see if I've gotten any faster since.

Jay said...

haha, nice blog. Keep up the momentum and blog more often!

Jim McCoy said...

I read your other blog, but I can't comment on it because the net nanny at work doesn't like your comments page. It was really great meeting you and walking with you at the end there, and we'll do it next year, only we'll have a tall Big Bird looking guy (no offense TUCK) to do it with! 3 Day walkers RULE!!!