CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

1 Week - Can I Do It?


Sure I can :) Today's weigh in came right on target. I lost 3lbs last week, and have 3lbs left to reach my monthly goal. So this week is all about staying focused. No time for derailing. I lost 3lbs week 1 and week 3. Week 2 I stayed steady due to overindulging for my anniversary, so week 4 it is...I can do 3lbs.

Normally today I would give myself a "free day" which is more like an overindulge day. Nope, I cant allow myself to do that anymore. That is the mind thinking that caused me my weight gain in the first place. So this morning I was very satisfied with my oatmeal vs the bagel Id get on normal weigh in day. And a salad at lunch will be fine, I don't need those fries. (That's what I did last week.) The weekend may be a little tricky depending on what we do. We are still debating if we are going to go to the bar on Saturday to hear Adam Beyer or not. If we do, theres always the temptation of alcohol. I think I could successful finish the night off with water, maybe allow myself a red bull. On Sunday its Grants actual birthday, so we are going to his Aunts house. She just bought this new house, mansion apparently from what I hear, and they are celebrating Grant, his Aunt, and cousins birthday. So not sure what the food selection will be like...but I think it will be manageable.

Im in week 3 of the Couch to 5K. Ive changed it around a bit and am doing 3 minutes jog, 3 minutes walk instead of the 90 seconds jog, walk, 3 minutes jog, walk. I went to the track on Monday. Its getting dark even earlier now so I knew the track lights would come on so decided to do my jog there. I was there for 10 minutes and that mens football team showed up. I kept doing my thing, but thats when I decided to switch it up and did the 3 minutes jog, 3 minutes walk. So I was doing a little bit further than the 90 seconds. Yeah... a little insecurity creeped out there. lol But I was proud of myself, they started their game and were a bit rowdy but I kept doing my thing. Hey its a public area, Im getting my workout on. :)

On Monday morning I put on some of my usual work pants, which are a size 12. And they were way to big. Lately they have been a little big, but still wearable. But now they are almost falling off me! This past weekend I did fit into a size 10 jeans so thought I might be close to smaller size in my work pants soon. But oddly my work pants that I currently have from years ago that are a size 10 are still to tight in the butt/thigh area. So I headed to the store to pick up a few new pair of pants for work. I hate looking sloppy, especially at work. I Tried on some 10's and 12's, and I fit a size 10, like a glove! I did a happy dance in the fitting room. And than said, damn girl your looking good. :p Amazing how much a pair of pants that fit boosts your confidence! This sure beats the size 16's I was wearing this time last year!

5 comments:

Ripx180 said...

Sounds like you are really getting it done both physically and mentally. From a size 16 to size 10 is huge!!! Think when you hit the size 8 you will be half the women size wise. I love the fact that your looking indulgence and cheating in the face and saying "screw you.... I don't need you this week." These types of decisions are what make things happen. Sounds like you are ahead of the couch to 5k program which is great too. Is that the one on runners world? My wife was showing interest in wanting to run the turkey trot in 2008 (after baby # 2 comes). So I want to get her as much info as I can. I think it would be really cool to run it with her next year.

Rebecca said...

Good for you! That's such a great feeling. From size 16 to size 10 is remarkable. Congrats!

Kristen said...

You're doing so well. Size 16 to 10 is quite a difference.

swankywanker said...

Three pounds in a week is totally doable. Doable but tough. Sometimes I have to talk myself into being this focused. This week, I'll throw you into my pep talk. "Get it together, Swanks. Melissa is losing three pounds this week, so can you. Tighten up the eating. No skipping a workout. Matter of fact, let's add twenty minutes to the run tonight."

Kristen said...

Wish I would have read Swanky's comment BEFORE i ate the pizza tonight!