CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 3, 2007

To Splurge or Not To Splurge?


Splurge wisely. The holidays only come once a year, but the parties, events, and gifts of food never seem to end! Decide which ones are really worth splurging for, and leave the other foods on the table.

While I think this is a good tip, it might not be a good tip for everybody. Splurging wisely is not something you can just pick up, it definitely takes a lot of practice. It could be quite challenging, especially if your an emotional eater. And the holidays for some people can have lots of high and low times emotionally. But if you put a plan in place, and are in tune with your feelings than splurging wisely, or choosing not to splurge at all can be a great success. Of course we want to enjoy some of the food during the holidays, so having this tip in mind would be a good idea when those moments come across. But if we are having a down day, than not splurging at all would always be a great idea. Coming from an emotional eater ;)

This morning was our official weigh in for our December challenge. I have to admit I wasn't surprised by the jump on the scale. Yesterday I was a little out of control with some artichoke dip, and the peanut butter cookies my mom sent home with me. They are my favorite cookies. Maybe I needed to get that out of my system, or maybe I just cant have those cookies in the house :p, but thats was yesterday. And now its today. And I have 4 weeks to blow 2007 out of the park, and Im looking forward to seeing how this month pans out. I am thinking of running in the Arthritis 5k on December 15th. I know that will get me out running more than twice a week. And than Ill finish off the month with the NYE run :)

I asked for a Garmin Pedometer for Christmas. Its the one gift I really, really, really want. It will be great for 3 day training, and for jogging. Who would of thought I would ever be so excited to get a pedometer. Definitely not me a few years ago!

Well time to go finish up the laundry and off to bed. Last night I was tossing and turning all night. I think I may have only gotten 4 or 5 hours of sleep, so I have some catching up on my beauty rest to do. :)

7 comments:

Jay said...

the splurging isn't the problem, it's the getting back on the horse after doing it!

Melissa said...

And those are the times when I would chose not to splurge ;)

Rob Tucker said...

I love the fact that you're blogging every day with a conscious effort to analyze those tips. December's going to be great for you.

I really need to start getting outside so I can do that run on NYE - I've never done 4 miles. It's been BONE chilling cold though - how do you keep warm?

Rob Tucker said...

HEY!! Cool new layout - jealous!

Melissa said...

Thanks Rob. I was having a hard time fitting everything. I swear I could add and mess around with it all day. lol

It has been VERY cold. I just layer up, I usually have about 3 layers and am fine. And dont forget my hat and gloves :)

Brian said...

I dig the new layout as well. Good to see you're blogging regularly and giving it all you have.

Geoff said...

Wow, that sucks that you have to put on layers and gloves just to go for a jog. I went jogging this morning in some basketball shorts and a cutoff t-shirt. It's times like these that make me glad I live in Southern California :-)