CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Finding My Groove

Tip # 12 - Shop when full. Shopping on an empty stomach can lead to overeating on the unhealthy food court fare. Also stash some emergency healthy snacks in your car or purse. Try nuts, whole grain crackers, and dried fruit.

Boy oh boy do I know this tip all to well. I have gone grocery shopping on an empty stomach one to many times. Bad, bad idea! Ive learned to always eat before any shopping now. Im going Christmas shopping this weekend actually...so I will make sure Im filled up so I dont cave into the cinnabuns, pretzels with cheese, or cookies I see!

So the funk is still here...it comes and goes at different times. I did exactly what you all said and worked out even though I didnt want to. When I got home from the doctors it was close to dark, so I popped in a workout dvd and squeezed that in before a Lia Sophia party. I was happy that I did it when I was done, so thank you for those comments yesterday. Today I had court at 9:30am, so I was off from work in the morning. So I woke up early and went out for a jog. I only got in 2 miles, but its better than nothing. I was going really slow to, but that didnt bother me. It felt like a nice pace and I was doing something! I have found myself snacking to much though. First it started last night by going to the party without eating dinner. So I munched on all kinds of bad foods...Doritos, yogurt covered cookies, eclair chocolate puffs, etc. I did taste some yummie rasberry beer...not sure how bad that was though. And at work today I wasnt much better! A few chocolate carmel corns (sounds gross, but they were yummie), and I ate a bag of Salt and Vinegar chips at lunch. I think its that time of the month where Im getting those cravings. So I need to work through those with healthier options. I need to nip this in the butt right away, or it could end badly. So I will bring my own healthy snacks the rest of the month...thats the only way I wont snack on those not so good foods!

I need to go back and read some blogs from the beginning of the month...this is suppose to be my month! My time to finish off the year with a bang. Im so close to my weight loss goal and I dont want to take 5 steps back and hate myself in January for it. I will not let my moods/emotions dictate my actions. I am in control, and only me.

So tonight I have another Lia Sophia party, and I will NOT snack on unhealthy treats. And this weekend I will be a successful weekend warrior. Funk you will be gone ;)

4 comments:

Geoff said...

It's weird, but ever since I completely cut out "treat" foods (e.g. ice cream, potato chips, crackers, basically any salty carbs or sweets) I don't crave them at all, even when they're placed in front of me. I went through a withdrawal period, but since I removed them bit by bit from my life it wasn't so bad. Of course, I haven't had the constant bombardment of holiday foods that many of the FATties (hrm, FATties sounds not correct somehow) have, so I'm probably not one to talk. I'm sure it's different for everyone, though.

Jay said...

yep, I can relate to that slippery slope.

The only thing you can do is get back on the horse the next day and try to keep going. Ultimately your results will come down to how consistant you can be.

Just noticed your pic on the sidebar today...wow, you're looking great!

layla said...

yup you made some great suggestions- bring your own snacks so you have healthier options. do you know that women need about 300 more calories during their premenstrual and menstrual phase? that could explain your snacking. i hope you do great at that party today- i know you can beat the funk!

Marcol said...

So how did the weekend go? Are you back on the saddle? I hope so, this is your month afterall, isnt it?!