CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Never Giving Up

I wasnt sure what to blog about and didnt really feel like blogging about my daily woes (since it sounds like the same old story) so found a quote that feels fitting for my life this week.

"Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

Lately it often feels like Im standing still. And reading this quote today reminded me that moving slowly definitely has an upper hand on standing still. Sometimes I think doing little is almost like standing still. But something is better than nothing. So standing still shouldnt even been on my agenda, or in my vocabulary. As frustrated as I get because things are moving slowly I have to remember that moving slowly is better than not moving at all. So when I have a mishap, and I let it get me down and do absolutely nothing that is when I am standing still. If I have a mishap but get right back on track, I am moving slowly. Moving slowly is the way I want to go. When I give up by standing still, I am failing. And failing is when I quit, and Im not a quitter. Ive never been a quitter so why should I start now? So every situation that is "slow moving" is another learning opportunity for me. I need to take advantage of that learning opportunity to make me stronger the next time it comes up.

I guess this is still like my same old blogs. lol I think the more I pound this into my brain, the more Ill practice it. Every meal, every snack just seems like such a hard decision lately. This holiday season really has thrown me for a loop. Today at work someone was asking me for advice on how to lose weight, eat healthier, and workout. That did feel good. And she said you look so thin today. That was also nice to hear. Especially when I feel like Im the total opposite right now. I think I really need to go jogging. That always pumps me up and gets me feeling good and on track. I wish the sidewalks were clear and it wasnt icey. I have Saturday - Tuesday off. Im voluntarily going in next week Wed - Fri. We shut down (automotive industry), but since I work in accounts receivable the money keeps coming in so we have the option to work. We get to use the days as comp days in the following year. And with two 3 days, I need the extra days. The nice thing is we can wear whatever those days, so Ill bring my workout gear or just wear some sweats and go jogging right after work. Im wondering if Ill still be able to do the 4miler race on NYE with the weather the way it is...I hope so!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

It's true that slow progress is better than no progress. Sometimes slow progress feels like no progress though, so that can be discouraging. Try to keep something going, so when you decide to really go full-force, you won't have to start from scratch. You've made a lot of progress already - your picture on the side is a nice reminder of that.

Anonymous said...

If anyone can do a NYE 4-miler, it's you. You've been a beast on the track lately...a total inspiration! I have no doubt you'll tear up the 4-miler as well.