CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Playing Catch Up

Funny how I lasted like 7 days with the daily blogging. LOL Also ironic that I haven't exercised since Saturday, which was close to when the last day I blogged....funny how that works eh?

I do have to say the busy schedule has set in a little bit, between Christmas shopping, appts, and trying to get my Lia Sophia business off....I dont find a lot of time left in the day. But enough to workout, so I have no excuse except lazy. Ill blog more about that later. But now time for some more tips.

Tip # 8 - Stay organized.Keep a running list of errands, groceries, and gifts, and make a plan to finish as many things in as few trips as possible. You'll save time, gas and your own sanity!

I do this time from time, but I have definitely did this for the month of December. Just to many things going on right now...that how could I not. Im such a spreadsheet geek sometimes, and you would think I get sick of it since I work with them all day! My gift buying spreadsheet is quite impressive I might add. :) Anyhoo, Im always looking to save gas and time, so this is a daily task in my schedule.

Tip # 9 - Think before you bite. Before you try every irresistible food that crosses you path, think first. How will you feel after you eat them? Is the taste really worth it? Could you enjoy just a small amount instead?

Ironically, I practiced this tip the other night. I had a meeting on Monday night (an hour away, bleh!), and my manager ordered appetizers for everyone. Read that as deep fried everything! I looked at it, and said its not worth it....and no I couldnt enjoy just one. So passed on it, and got a lite beer instead. Which was quite enjoyable I might add. Dont worry it was for Lia Sophia, so very casual where ordering a beer wasnt "unprofessional", as most woman were drinking margaritas. lol

Tip # 10 - Walk more. Keep a brisk walking pace while you do your holiday shopping. Instead of wasting time looking for a closer parking spot, take a faraway one to increase your activity (and save time).

I do this all the time, since walking is my forte ;) When looking for parking spots, I usually park farther away to get extra exercise. And with the new mini cooper, Grant doesnt want anyone banging their door into it, so he even parks far away now to. Brisk walking while shopping...Ill have to remember that...Im such a window shoppper though so that one may be hard. But at the mall I will take the stairs vs the escalator ;)

Tip # 11 - Enjoy a preparty snack. If you arrive famished, you're more likely to devour too much of the wrong things. Try a combination of fiber, protein and healthy fats for more filling power.

This is a great tip, and I need to remember it more often. The other night I was really famished when I got to that meeting. Thankfully I didnt devour to many of the wrong things, but I did get to the point where I felt sick because I was so famished. Not the smartest move.

Tip# 12 - Wash your hands. The holiday season coincides with cold and flu season. Keep germs at bay by washing your hands well after shopping, visiting and
more. No one wants sickness to interfere with their fun!


I definitely dont want any more sickness! Wash, Wash, Wash...now if only some of the people at work would wash their hands. Its seriously so gross.

I need some breakfast and than Ill blog more :)




0 comments: