CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Funk

So Im not sure what my deal is lately. Im just very meh. No particular reason, nothing really going on to bring me down....so Im not sure what this funk is all about. I know this happens time to time, as it has many times while on this journey. I just hope it passes sooner than later.

I haven't worked out since Saturday, but it was a great workout. I went for a jog up at the community center. I decided I would do some HIIT. I did a total of 2 miles, with 4 rounds of sprints - they probably were 1 to 2 minutes. It kicked my ass. I didnt know if Id make it back to the car :p Dripping in sweat in twenty degree weather is pretty satisfying I might add. :)

Since than there has been time to workout, I just havent. But I need the boost, if for my mood at the minimum. So hopefully my doctors appt today wont go over an hour, if its less I can go get a jog in while its still light out. Ive decided against the Arthritis 5k this Saturday since I shouldnt be spending the extra money right now, even if it is fitness related. Im running the race on NYE which is only two more weeks away, so Im still in a race this month. I need to work on increasing my distance to since that race is 4 miles. I was thinking of buying some new weights for at home workouts as a Christmas present for myself, but probably not till after Christmas. Im debating what weight to get though, want it to last me a while. I really like those adjustable weights but they are a little pricey for my budget right now.

It was so great to meet Beck and Kevin, and see everyone else again. We are so lucky to have so many of us in one state. I have to admit I was a little intimidated to meet Kevin, I think its due to all the intense pictures he posts. Intimidating? Nah. Beck and him are such great people, and I hope they move back to Michigan! The time flew by so fast! Dont you love that? Your having such a great time that time literally flies by. We could of chatted all night if we had time :) Poor Grant was sick that day, and I felt bad for dragging him out. He crashed when we got home for the night. :(

You would think after Sundays meeting with the lovely FAT members, Id be motivated more. And hearing all of Robs hurdles lately definitely gets me inspired...but where can I find some more motivation?

This is kinda of a whining post, so I think Ill stop now. I need to change gears, things could be worse. I think I need to find some Christmas spirit to get me back in the right mind frame. That always puts a smile on my face :)

6 comments:

Ripx180 said...

I think making time for a workout will re-energize you. I think the longer you don't work out the harder it is to motivate yourself to get back on (I have been a living example of this). Remember December is your month so get that workout in tonight.

layla said...

i agree with rip. just do it- you'll most probably feel better. or do something really different for a workout so it feels fun and exciting again. you've got to get the fire burning before the Christmas spirit sets in or you might just fall prey to the many temptations that lie ahead.just 20 lbs more- that alone ought to keep a smile on your face!

Melissa said...

The sun is shining to, so its perfect for a run. I hope my doctors appt doesnt go to long so I can catch some of the sun today!

Layla - thats 11 lbs to go ;)

Rob Tucker said...

Mel, I know those moods way too well - I found that the best thing you can do is to just put your running shoes on and see what happens. Even if go around the block - just something.

This time of year, the cold weather, all the stress that comes along with it - it'll mess with your chemistry. If you want, give me a call and we can go for a jog or something - something to kick you back into gear. Hang in there :)

Brian said...

I agree with just doing something. Often when I set out just to go through the motions and do "something" so I can say I did I end up doing a little more than "something". I think it's time's like those that define how successful you're going to be.

I think you're doing great though and you should be proud of yourself.

Jim McCoy said...

We've all been in a funk before, Melissa, but this is where you just have to gut it out. You'll get there, you just have to keep going whether you feel like it or not.