CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Listen to the signs

Try healthier recipes. When treats are in the house, more of the dessert usually ends up in your belly than in your guests. So keep some low fat, low-calorie recipes and foods on hand.

Do you have to cook in order to have low fat, low calorie recipes on hand? :p I do cook just not that often. :) Low fat, low calories foods on hand..I can do that one though :) Im the type of person that is out of sight out of mind. So if those goodies are in the house...I will eat them. So this month I must keep them out of the house! As you read about my peanut butter cookie indulgement the other night. This tip is good though, its reminds you to plan, plan, plan. Without a plan, only the strong survive. And I was quite the example of that today!

Today was a really weird day. Is it possible that I actually had every mood face in the image above? I have felt really torn like in a tug of war with my emotions lately. I think it may be a result of S.A.D.,
Seasonal affective disorder. Or maybe not. I feel I have experienced S.A.D in previous years, but that's self diagnosing myself. Maybe I should ask for one of those special light bulbs for Christmas so it can help me out. The sun was just out yesterday and for a bit today, so maybe Im wrong. I should check my calendar, maybe its that time of the month :p Sorry guys. lol

Anyways, back to my day. So I planned half the day, up to lunch. After that I was sort of winging it. Yeah...winging it really isnt my forte, so Im not sure what I was thinking about that. I had to go in for blood work after work so by the time I got home I was pretty famished! And irrated with traffic at that point. When did rush hour start at fricken 3pm around here?! So on the way home what do I see talking to me? The McDonald's sign. I dont even like McDonald's that much anymore..but the fries were smelling good. I pulled right in. Oh wait isnt this when Im suppose to call you Kristen so you can talk me out of it? Well I ordered a cheeseburger and fries and get up to the window and they dont open the window, they release a drawer for you to put your money through. Wouldn't you know...my money wasnt secure and it blew away....if thats not a sign that I shouldnt of been getting McDonalds..than I dont know what is! But I caught the money and still got the food. Of course I felt like crap after eating it, and I was exhausted which seems to be a daily thing for me now, so took a nap. I was woken up to Bandito jumping on me an hour later, and decided to do some cleaning around the house. So at least I got somewhat productive again.

This daily blogging thing sure are making my blogs more boring :p But if I wasnt daily blogging than I may have not shared my oh so weak moment eh? Oh well, whats done is done. Tomorrow is a new day, and it will be a better day.. The weather is getting pretty brutal, which makes me uneasy for running in it. I think maybe I should consider something that covers my face a bit more. I feel like Im going to look like that scene in Dumb and Dumber, where they are riding the motorcycle in the freezing weather, and they have icicles on their face. lol

Ahhhh the chronicles of my entertaining life :) 2 more days till the weekend, can I get a WOOHOO! Hell yeah :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa, first of all, I really like your seasonal re-design. I usually don't get into the Christmas spirit until Christmas week. That's probably because I live in the desert and don't have family here. I smiled when I opened your blog.

Your blogs are not boring. I think we can all relate to your McDonalds episode. The money blowing away was a sign but how many of us have ignored those signs in the past? That's why we're here. I think when we blog, we are talking to ourselves as much as sharing with others. This is a good thing.

Today's another day.

Anonymous said...

I swear every year I go through the S.A.D thing and it just gets worse as the winter goes on. Like you I don't know if I actually have that disorder but it's alway this time of year so.. At least right now the sun is shinning but when we have those constant overcast days it really gets to me. I need to get out and do something to take my mind off things.

I think they have those sun lights or something you can install around that house for the gloomy months.

Kristen said...

Unfortunately, I might have just asked which McDonald's you were at and joined you :)