CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Willpower


Its been to long, dont you think? Ive been lazy thats all. I always have good intentions to blogging at night and it never quite happens. And when I dont blog well wouldn't you know...my diet/exercise isnt exactly in the all star league. Ive been lingering around 147-148.5 for the last week. While I have been keeping up with my workouts, my food has slipped here and there. Its like some days my will power is just out the window. Like listen to this.

On Saturday I went out walking with my friend Jen. We did 9 miles. Well I also was suppose to do one of my jogging days and figured Id just go out and do it after my walk. So I went as far as I could, 1 mile. On my way home, I start craving a donut. I drove towards Dunkin Donuts and tried to talk myself out of it, but it wasnt working. I even got into the drivethru, called Grant to see if he wanted to get something to eat, but he just ate. So through the drive thru I went. Willpower Melissa...willpower. Where did it go? I shamefully stuffed that donut in my mouth. And candy...I seem to crave candy a little to much lately. Its like right when I got that taste of sugar it took over me.


Well I didnt lose 27lbs to go right back to those horrible eating ways. So willpower you are coming back. Whether you like it or not! I have 12 pounds to my goal and I really would like to make that by Christmas. So I have to get it together!

Some highlights and lowlights (which may have caused some of my stress/emotional eating) of my time not blogging...
  • I ran 2 miles in 20 minutes on Saturday
  • I have realized that it will take me at least 4 perhaps 5 more years to graduate
  • My brother has once again struck my moms heart and left me to pick up the pieces
  • We finally got our washer and dryer hooked up! Goodbye laundrymat!
  • We visited Grants family last weekend and his stepmom gave me quite the compliments on how great Im looking. I blushed. lol
  • It was Banditos birthday on Friday - he is now two years old

And I will end this blog with some pictures of my baby boy when we first brought him home, and now two years later :)




6 comments:

Ripx180 said...

Hey on the candy thing leave a little tin of sugar free candies in your car. When I have a bad craving I pop one of those and it seems to take the edge off. You can get a gazillion different varieties at the local grocery checkout line. The donut I don't know.... Luckily I don't crave donuts very often. The other thing that really helps is to make sure you have a eating plan. When we get hungry (haven't ate enough) is when we all slip up. Eating often and making sure you are satisfied is like a preemptive strike against drive thru etc. I make my worst mistakes when I am hungry. Its like going grocery shopping when you hungry.... bad idea.

Sounds like you have a tuff goal for the end of December but you can do it if you put your mind to it. You lost 8+ pounds last month so you can do it again.

kyle said...

I've definitely been in your shoes regarding the drive thru. You tell yourself all the way there that its not right, that you don't really want it, that you're strong enough to drive by, and the next thing you know you're handing hard earned $ thru a window to a stranger in return for food.

You've obviously been doing things right to have lost the amount of weight that you have. To step off the wagon for stint is natural, and as long as that infrequent step doesn't turn into a fall, then you'll be fine.

Here's to the return of your willpower and reaching your goal weight by Christmas!

Rob Tucker said...

Hang in there, Mel. I figured you were struggling since we haven't heard from you in a few days.

I'm not sure how to motivate someone to get motivated, but I think the honest truth is that we're resting on our laurels and are just flat out being lazy and weak.

You're not that person, and either am I. We just need to do something about it.

Jim McCoy said...

The easiest thing to do to fight the cravings is to have some sort of sweet fruit on hand. I personally use grapes and raisins. That way you can get something sweet that's good for you. Keep your head up, Melissa, we all have our rough spots, but you'll get there.

Brian said...

i agree with the other comments. to control the cravings plan ahead for them and have something at least semi healthy sitting around. But you know, if you feel you've earned it and you wont let it get out of hand, go have a donut, who cares.

BTW, your dog is cute!

Kristen said...

You're doing so well though...in the 140's is GREAT! Remember this is long-term. It doesn't all have to come in a few months. Also remember that you're making strides in the fitness dept too.

That being said...you can so lose 12 pounds by Christmas. Call me if you need me to talk you away from the drive-thru window :)