CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Hello December!

Well November has been a weird month for me. There has been some high points and some low points. But I think Im ready for December. I love this time of year. I love Christmas. I love the decorations. I love the snow. I love sipping hot chocolate and staring at the Christmas tree all lit up. I love the music (yes Im a freak that LOVES Christmas music). I love the bonding. I love buying that special gift. I love spending time with family and friends. Its just such a great time of the year.

I can feel this Christmas is going to be more special than any others. Im just in totally different place than I have been in the past. Im so thankful for so many things in my life right now. I really love where I am right now. :) And this is the first Christmas Im not working in retail :p So I actually get to enjoy the holiday activities. :)

Along with Christmas comes the last month of the year. The last month to really give it my all in regards to fitness and nutrition. My last big umph before I go into the new year.

"The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!"

With the results that Ive seen in the last 6 months, Im very excited to see how December pans out. November was a bit shaky, but I have confidence that Ill get right back to where I want to be in December. There are so many challenges in this month. So many chances to slip up. But this year that is not going to be my story. Im going to finish on top. Im not going to deprive myself, Ill indulge here and there, but I wont completely undo all the work Ive done up to this point. You have to enjoy the Holiday, but enjoy it moderately ;)

As the weather is getting colder, its getting harder to make myself get outside and workout. The wind has been pretty rough lately, and I havent been jogging as much as Id like. Im a little nervous about the race on NYE. I know if I layer enough Ill be fine, I just need to get myself out there. And I cant think of any better way to end my year than with a race. Its like the icing on the cake for me :)

I did get an offer from Bally's to come back for only $99 for a year. Im very tempted to take it. But remember how much I hate that place. But Im still debating it. It may be worth my while, especially when the ground gets snowy and icey.

These are just a few things on my mind tonight :)

5 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

IF you can get into Ballys for $99 a year with no sneaky crap, I'd say take it. There's something said for having a nice warm gym in the winter months.

As for that quote - I'm stealing it. The Try and Triumph thing.. awesome.

Oh, and I'm sitting here listening to Michael Buble's "Grown Up Christmas" as I type this. I LOVE this time of year.

And it's December - our last chance for 2007. Let's do it!

phenom said...

You're probably locked on WNIC, aren't you? hehe

Rebecca said...

Living in Boston, I feel your pain on the winter workouts thing. I would imagine that the Bally's membership is worth it, if you can afford it, to eliminate the possibility of excuses. I'm sure that December will be a fantastic month for you.

Marcol said...

Really nice blog Melissa. You had me feeling all warm and cozy just thinking about the winter approaching. I love winter, I must if I'm in MA ;)

I think the Bally's deal will be a sweet one to snatch up if its all they say and nothing more. Just think youve been wanting to do more than BW exercises...if you re-join you can have the added bonus of not just being warm through the winter but being able to pump some iron??? It sounds like a win-win.
Just make sure there's no catch to a two-year agreeement where the fees go up or anything.

Lets rock our way into 2008 with a little less pounds and a little more action :)

Ripx180 said...

yeah great post Mel. I love xmas and the season too... I really like the music also. Lots of great memories around xmas.

my turkey trot was in the low 20s. No problem just bundle up, its kind of a rush. Took me the first 1.5miles to even really start to sweat.

if you don't do Ballys don't forget about the circuit stuff we all talked about in the forums. You can get a kick A$$ workout doing that. 99 bucks for a year does sound really tempting though.