CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Obstacles

Truth is, obstacles are always going to be there. Its how we decide what to do with them that matters. And Im still letting these obstacles control my behavior. I cant figure out why for the life of me. But Im tired of it. I need to regain control. I have a reward set out for when I reach my weight loss goal, and Im hoping this will kick some motivation into my butt!

Its basically just my food that Im having issues with. Im still working out regular. On Tuesday I even started a new strength training workout. And Im still feeling the pain today! Yesterday I went out jogging and I didnt know how Id do since I could barely walk. :p The first half mile was rough, I could feel every ache vibrate through my legs and butt as my feet hit the ground. But it subsided shortly after that. I managed a 12:20 minute mile for two miles. :) When I was done..oh boy, I was more sore than when I started. My legs felt like jello and my muscles were screaming at me! So the 2 miles I did on Sunday..it wasnt a fluke. lol I think Im finally connecting the mental part of jogging to the physical. And when Im mentally focused I can go further than I think ;) But not to worry, Im still only increasing my miles a little each week. I figure Ill keep my 2 miles this week, strive for 1/4 or 1/5 more next week, and the week after, and maybe Ill finish this 5k without walking :)

Back to my food issue though. Seriously lately Ive been eating fried this, white carb that. Its like you have a choice Melissa, so chose the right one. I know its making me sluggish but Im still doing it. I know a lot of my personal life is affecting the way I eat, and I need to learn to roll with those punches. Its a lot easier said than done I suppose. But each time is a new learning experience. I have gained some clarity in the last few days over this personal issue, and feel better today than I have all week. Im hoping this will roll over into my food area as well. I think I may set a mini reward for this month to, to help push my motivation. Becase sadly Im almost creeping back into the 150's.

3 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

I don't know what it is, it must be in the water. I could have written the majority of this blog myself. I don't know how - and if I did, I'd be a rich man - but somehow we just have to look at ourselves in the mirror, realize that these decisions aren't easy but we have to make them anyway, and just do it.

Btw, are doing the Turkey Trot this year? We should all get together, I know Jim's thinking about doing it too.

Jim McCoy said...

If it was easy, Melissa, it wouldn't be worth doing. Keep your focus, and don't let one bad decision lead to another one. You'll get there.

Rebecca said...

I like that quote - it's so true. But you know, I think that character is developed in the face of obstacles. The tough decisions we make are the ones that boost our self-confidence and the like. So, I guess you can see the obstacles as opportunities to grow. (That's a quote from somewhere, I'm not sure where, but it's true). Keep your head up!