CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Taking Back Control



Well I am happy to say I have officially broke through the horrible week I was having. I am refocused, and it feels great :)

First let me tell you about the last day I had of that downwards spiral...where I had to say Melissa this is enough! It was Thursday and I was in a not so pleasant mood I suppose. I started off my day with oatmeal and a banana but that was the only good part of the day. Lunch consisted of chicken fingers and fries dipped in mayo. Than I hit up the vending machine mid afternoon for some junior mints. On my way home I stopped at McDonalds and got a double cheeseburger meal. An hour later I ate a bowl of cereal. And than Grant came home and is like I want Tubbys for dinner, and I said..so do I!So than I got a chicken and cheddar sub. Geez, you think I would of exploded at that point.

Yeah. After that night I said enough is enough. Seriously. So I started off Friday morning tipping the scale at 149. Almost to the 150's. A place I didnt want to visit again. I made better choices on Friday, not all good choice but better. I controlled my portion sizes, and learned to say no again. There was an afternoon break where my two coworkers literally raided the vending machine and I said Ill just fill this water bottle. And for dinner we got pizza, but I had two pieces (the smallest I could find), and went back for one more. But stared at it for a few minutes and than said to myself..your full you can feel it. Said to Grant, take this I cant eat it. I also topped my day off with a 2 mile jog and my strength training workout. And the scale dropped tremendously to 166.5 this morning. I read a comment that said the best motivation is to see that scale drop. And boy is that the truth. Watch out Im back :)

My workout yesterday...well it was rough. I went out to the track to get my jog on. I have to make sure I get out there early since its dark by 5. Good thing I get off at 3:30 from work. I started out my jog and at 1/2 mile I felt like I was going to keel over. It just felt like one of those days when this workout is going to suck. But I pushed through it. I really talk my way through the whole thing..just one more time melis..you can do this. Think of how you will feel! So I finished 2 miles in 22:40. Better time than my last! I was really fighting side stitches through this entire jog, and I read about the breathing and things to do...it helps but they were there every other 1/4 mile. When I was done.....I felt like I was on top of the world. I never got that workout high before in all the years Ive worked out. Never. But I had that high when I was done today. Boy was I missing out! I than came home and did my strength training and really pushed myself through it. I was tired from the jog, and everything seemed a bit harder. But Im gald I did.

Today Im going to go back out for another jog, and than Im heading over to my parents. We are going to a Pow-Wow by their house. Did I ever mention Im half native american? My mom is full blooded Mohawk. Our tribe is from Canada and Buffalo, NY area. I haven't been to a Pow-Wow in years so Im looking forward to it.

Stay strong through the weekend F.A.T!

7 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Really glad to read this, Mel. You're not alone in those bad weeks - the best news you could give us is that you brushed yourself off and continued the fight.

See you next Thursday for the Trot!

Anonymous said...

It seems we all were going through some kind of slow down. But reading the blogs this morning I'm sensing a sort of pumped up version of FAT. Everyone seems to be working through the doldrums and picking up speed again.

Good for you on pushing yourself and getting that high afterwards.

Rebecca said...

french fries in mayo... yummy!

glad you are taking back control. that's what it's all about - picking yourself back up as quickly as possible. Go you!

Marcol said...

Glad to hear youre back at it Melissa. FYI - you may want to consider doing your strength training before your cardio. This allows you to not fatigue your muscles before performing strength activities.

Melissa said...

Marcol, Ive usually do weights before cardio when I do them on the same day (which is rare these days). But with the time change, and it getting dark by 5pm I have no choice but to do cardio first.

layla said...

Ive just been through the same thing Mel. Im just grateful for the fact that we both know that we dont want to go back to that dark place again! its so comforting to know that my transgression, while not justifiable, is something we all go through from time to time. keep strong!

Brian said...

glad to see your back in it. You have no reason not to believe in yourself.

Oh and, thanks for reminding me about mayo-fries. MmmmMMmmmmMMmmm....