CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Deep Breath In, Deep Breath Out - Anger Released

I have always been bad at separating my work life from my personal life. While I have improved I still struggle with it. My previous job I worked for was a very shady company and the stress it caused me was extreme. It caused quite a strain on my home life. With some therapy, I learned to separate the two, and also realized I needed to get a new job. lol

But I have slipped back into letting my job stress spill over into my personal life. And that really angers me. A lot. So at this very moment I take a deep breath in. deep breath out. And anger begone. If it was really that easy right?

I need to separate the anger from work and home, and leave it simply at work. I will not let the things I cant control at work determine how the rest of my life plays out. No way. With that being said, I am now going to post some happy, positive thoughts. Things that will change my mood from anger to simply thinking...well work woes...its just sad. And its not going to control my mood or actions!


  • I cant wait to get home and play with my dogs, I love those animals so much! Bandito is so cute. He curls his lip up like Elvis when hes concentrating really hard. It is the cutest thing! Something even cuter is he curls up to Vinyl and they spoon. I melt inside when I see it :) Vinyl is quite the moaner. You make a noise and she starts moaning at you, like shes singing in the opera. Dont you just love how animals make your life so much more enjoyable :)

  • Tonight I am going to release some stress by hanging out with a friend. We are going to check out her friends band, indie rock. I LOVE indie rock. And I love Frannie! So I think this is a perfect time to also have a night to release. Dance some of my anger/stress away.

  • In two weeks my stepdad and I are going to file the adoption papers. He is legally going to be my father. Im hoping the process is complete before the end of the year, and that is the best Christmas present I can ask for! He has been my dad for the last 17 years and I couldnt ask for a better one!

  • After work my jog is going to rock. When I get like this, what better way to release some of the emotions than through a sweaty workout. Those workouts that when you finish, your like damn...now that was a workout.

  • Even though sometimes I feel like life is hard with to all the obstacles Im facing, with past and present experiences, I really do value the work Ive done on my self esteem. I can confidently say that I do love myself physically in certain areas. I have the cutest button nose. I have two strong facial features that I use to hate as a child. High cheekbones, and freckles! My freckles are very sexy :) I do have two things that have been altered, but are also quite pleasant. My butt has seem so very ugly days, but lately its seeing very happy ones. I love to show it off now :p Grant seems to take to it as well since he says, buns come get dinner. Buns can you come here. Hey buns! lol And my boobs are freaking fantastic. Earlier this year I had a breast reduction and it was seriously thee best thing I could ever do for myself. 1100 grams removed, back and neck pain gone, and I can jog without getting a black eye! SCORE! My cleavage now doesnt appear to want to swallow someone. :)

More than you wanted to know eh? But guess what....my anger is completely gone now. Im grinning, and feeling quite upbeat. Ha!

Melissa - 1 Anger - 0

:)

P.S. A BIG thank you to all of your comments on my last post. I so did not want to post those picture but your comments made the embarassment a little easier. I couldnt do the last 20 lbs without all of you. So THANK YOU F.A.T! XOXOXOX

P.S.S. I was trying to talk my friend April into joining FAT. Im so proud of her for commiting to the healthy lifestyle journey. April, I promise we wont bite! Love ya girl! :)

6 comments:

kyle said...

It seems like many of us are dealing with outside strsses that are making their way into our personal lives. I think its great that not only can we discuss our weight loss ups and downs, but other issues that life throws at us as well. At least for me it's nice to know that there's others out there who are willing to listen.

I hope you enjoy your "rockin" evening! Let the run soothe the frustrations, and then dance the night away :)

Jim McCoy said...

Stress sucks, you rule. Enjoy your run!

Ripx180 said...

Ditto to what they said on stress. The funny thing was by the end of reading your de-stress bullets I had forgotten you were stressed and was actually smiling. So it worked for me too :).

My wife is considering having a breast reduction after baby 2 is done nursing. I might send her your way for info some day if you don't mind. Her back and neck bugs her all the time too. I am sure insurance would even cover it.

Anyway have a wonderful evening. From the sound of your post there is no reason not too. SMILE

swankywanker said...

Hey Buns,

It's nice to see you kicking anger's ass. You've got a good list going there. It's funny, one of my dogs sings like that, too. And both dogs are big spooners with eachother, but only one spoons with me. I do enjoy coming home to the wagging tails.

Anonymous said...

Melissa, you're gorgeous and don't let anyone (including yourself) let you believe otherwise!!! I LOVED your blog...you totally had me cracking up.

Um, one thing you forgot to add to your list...Pistons game on the 9th and a party at Kristen's!!!!! :)

Hey, in all seriousness, great job on focusing on the positive.

Oh, and one more thing. Post-crappy-day runs are the BEST!

Marcol said...

Sorry to hear work life is stressing you out. Its a delicate balance to strike between your personal life and work. Nice to see you released some stress in this blog - sounds like you have a sweet night planned.