CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Getting Closer and Closer


To my goal! I am now 10 pounds away from my goal. I cant explain how this feels! Even though Im so close now, I have to stay focused. 10 pounds is 10 pounds, and Im sure it will not be any easier than the first 30!


The rest of my weekend was pretty good, minus one thing but that wasn't diet or exercise related. I took Saturday off from working out, and hung out with my parents all day. I tend to eat not so great with them, and we ate lunch at a Coney Island. I got a burger, but it was really good and I didnt stress over it. On Sunday I finished off my week with another 2 mile jog. My eating was pretty much on key this day. I found out on Friday evening that Gregs mom passed away. Greg was the friend from the 3 day I mentioned a few weeks back. She lost her fight with Breast Cancer. So Jen and I headed up to the funeral home Sunday afternoon. Greg was holding up pretty good but his daughter wasnt doing so great :( Betty sure did give Cancer a run for their money, and Im glad shes not in pain anymore. Damn I hate cancer.

Yesterday I started off another week of jogging with upping my mileage to 2.5. This turkey trot is in 9 days so figure 1/2 mile increase over 1/4 mile is probably better. I surprised myself yesterday as I seem to be doing with all this jogging. I managed 2.5 miles in 29:50 minutes. My first 1.25 miles was 14:50, and my second 1.25 mile was 15:00. Overrall I felt it went pretty well. I finally got my side stitch situation solved. Exhale on every left step. It worked wonders! Now if I can finally implement listening to music I think Ill enjoy it more. When I listen to music it throws off my breathing. The weather last night was beautiful, and today looks like another beautiful day. I headed into work earlier so I can get home and do my strength training before my jog...hopefully I have enough time before it gets dark.

So last night I did something I told myself I wouldnt do. I signed up to be a Lia Sophia advisor. I can see Beck cringing now. lol Lia Sophia is fashion jewelry if you didnt know. I love their jewelry and if nothing works out with it I at least get the stuff 70% off. Score! But this is the second party Ive been to in a month and the job sounded more and more intriguing. So last night I bombarded the advisor at the party with tons of questions, and it seems it works. The jewelry really does sell itself, and when people hear the discount they get when booking a party they cant pass it up. Even if I do just 2 shows a week, which is like 3 hours a show...I should make minimum $150 a week. Hey that can be up to $600 a month. And thats the minimum. We sure could use that extra cash. So I jumped on the wagon. Im having a Lia Sophia fundraiser at the end of the month so thats going to be my qualifying show to get started. I hope it works out for me.

Anyhoo....so 10 pounds. Thats 5lbs this month and next month....thats doable. :)

ETA: How do you guys set your goals? I aimed for 2lbs a week and well never meet them by the end of the month. Most of you meet yours early, and I just wondered if Im off somewhere. Although 2lbs does seem a good amount per week to me. I think Ill edit my goals to evenly lose the remaining weight in two months.

7 comments:

Brian said...

Great to hear the running is working out for you. I'll have to try that breathing technique as I have the same problems with the side hurting sometimes.

As far as setting goals: hmm. I set mind in the beginning back in July and banked on 10 pounds a month. Since I've done better than that I should probably have adjusted them, but I havent yet because I'm expecting the rate at which I've been losing to slow down as I get closer to my goal. Maybe they won't I dont now.

So I guess that doesnt really answer your question, but that's how it worked out for me so far :)

If i can meet my originals goals I'm happy.

Rob Tucker said...

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't hit a goal in months :P

As for your friend's mom, this is why you do the 3-day. This is why I will be doing the 3-day with you next year. Sorry to hear about your friend's mom. Give her family all of our best.

Ripx180 said...

I have been missing my original goals for months too ;(. The general rule of thumb is if your loosing more than 2lbs a week its coming off too fast (most likely loosing lean body mass etc). Like everything else in the world there are a million opinions. I think as long as you meet your goal it doesn't matter if it takes you 1 month or 2. You will get there and I have no doubt about that. Truthfully you are closer to your goal weight than most so it is probably a little harder for you to loose those last pounds in comparison to someone like me who still has 40 to go. Just keep doing what your doing, its working.

swankywanker said...

I originally set goals to lose 10 lbs every six weeks. That seemed doable. I started losing 10/month, so I readjusted. It totally depends on how much you eat and exercise (in-out=result) but I think it only gets harder the closer you get to your ideal body weight.

Ok, break it down. Do you know your BMR? Let's say it is 1500 calories a day. Add the number of calories you're burning with exercise and activity to that number. Subtract out the number of calories you're eating. That's your calorie defeceit for the day. There are 47 days left in the year. And there are 3,500 calories in a pound of fat. You can do this kind of math to figure out
A) how much more you should be exercising to burn off 35,000 calories by the end of the year.
B) how much you should be eating to maintain what I calculate to be a 750 calorie/day defeceit (thirty-five thousand calories divided by 47 days.)

Yep, I'm a serious math dork. But it works for me. Here's to a strong finish to 2007 for all of FAT.

Geoff said...

Wow, to be 10 pounds away from goal must be awesome. Kick it into high gear for the next two months and you'll be at your goal in no time.

Kristen said...

I think my 10 pound goals were set kind of far apart...every couple of months. Last year, I wanted to be 165 by Christmas. Then I ended up being 160 by New Years, so I wanted to see 150 by Valentine's Day. Then 140 by demf.

This gave me a little wiggle room, but then I was able to pull it off at the last minute usually. Either way, I wasn't in a huge rush to be skinny. I just wanted to keep improving.

Rebecca said...

You've come a long way with your jogging - you should be proud of yourself!