CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Growth

So today a friend brought to my attention how proud she is of me on how Ive grown. I guess I sort of seen it but didnt really give it the recognition it deserves. So I will right now :)

Its been a trying week, and Ive been hit with some personal stuff that is stressing me out to the max. This usually would cause a down spiral of eating and drinking. While I have let things control my moods lately, the one thing I can absolutely stay in control of is what goes in my body and what I do with my body. So today when I got home I did something I normally dont, I told myself no. I will admit it was hard. I really wanted to just take a nap, and eat something fried, or something sweet...I even told myself go ahead you will feel better. And than I thought...feel better for a second, but later Ill feel like shit. So I vented a little to a friend, and than decided to put on my running shoes and get out in the sun. Ironic how I asked for nice weather and today it was nice out. I must be in good with mother nature. Ill put in a word for all of you guys to ;)

So I got in my run (which was not the most pleasant task), and guess what? It worked. When I got home I was in a much better mood, and felt more positive. Im sure Grant was pleased with that decision since he has been dealing with the monster of mood swings Ive been having lately. So we cooked dinner, watched American Idol, and wouldnt you know....my night has definitely turned around :)

It feels good to be able to make smart decisions like the one I did today. Sometimes I wonder if Im making progress, because it feels more less than more. But today I guess I did prove to myself, I am making healthier changes. Who would of thought me, Miss Queen of addictions, would use exercise..running at that, as a stress reliever. :)

Workout: 4.5 miles - 51:39 (struggles on my run today, couldnt find my groove)


Calories: 1925

B: Oatmeal w/ cranberries, sausage link
S: Banana
L: Subway Turkey & Cheese w/ bacon, Baked BBQ chips
S: Banana, Reeses 100 calorie wafer bar
D: 2 scrambled eggs, 4 turkey sausage links, 2 pcs of multigrain bread

4 comments:

Carrie said...

It does sound like you've grown a lot. Amazing what exercise does for the mood, isn't it? My hubby has kicked me out of the house far too many times because he knew that I'd be better when my workout was done.

We've got snow tonight, and tomorrow, and this weekend. Ugh. I hope the weather around you stays nice so you can get another run in!

Anonymous said...

I (try to) do the same thing when I get the urge to go drop a grand's worth of calories at Wendy's or Chinese buffets.

I throw on the "Battle" mix on my iPod and head to the gym and take out all my fast food frustrations there.

And I'll be damned if that doesn't feel so remarkably better than any french fries ever can!

(BTW - I have a new blog address: http://4xlt.willphillips.org/)

Geoff said...

I'm really glad to see you blogging consistently. It really does help when the willpower fades. Good work.

Marcol said...

Sorry to hear that things are a little tough right now Melissa but its good to see how you handled it.