CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Moving Right Along

Calories: 1556
Its been a weird weekend. Good but weird. Friday was a bad day. I hit an all time low emotionally, and it resulted in one of the worse binges Ive had in a long time. I had a few crying breakdowns that day as well. But I'm happy to say I woke up Saturday morning somewhat refreshed. I have been putting to much pressure on myself during a time that has been very difficult. I often compare myself to others, and let myself get discouraged when that comparison is very off. The thing about that is, everyone is different. What works for one person, doesn't work for another. And what one person is going through, another is not. I have to keep that in mind. Also, I keep noticing all the things I'm doing wrong, rather than focusing on the things that are actually good. Even if they far in between, they still deserve acknowledgment.

So taking the advice left on my blog, I did something Saturday morning that would refresh me. Except it wasn't fitness/health related. The 3 Day makes me happy, so I focused on that. I worked on some stuff for my fundraising event, and than I worked on a new myspace page dedicated to the 3 day. After finished with that I was in a pretty good mood. So I headed out to the community center for a jog. I thought the path would be shoveled somewhat, so that was my best avenue. It was shoveled but there was some patches of ice. I just took my steps carefully and took the speed down. The first two miles were hell. I didn't know how far I was going to make it. My training plan called for 5 miles which felt like that was 20 miles away. lol Around mile 3 I started to find my groove and I sailed right on to 5 miles. It took about an hour. So not only did I run my furthest mileage yet, I also ran for 60 minutes which is something Ive never been able to do. I felt pretty great when that was done.

On a side note - I've also decided that my half in April will be a run/walk half marathon. I would prefer 14-16 weeks rather than 10-12 to train for it. I was getting stressed out from the pressure Ive put on myself in this training plan. So taking away the only running factor as helped. My goal is to just finish, and if thats a combo of running and walking, than that is what I'll do.

Unfortunately I havent felt physically that great all weekend. I started a new thyroid medication on Friday, and its not fully kicked in yet. So Ive felt completely exhausted. So Ive been taking more naps than Id like to. I still felt like crap today, so we opted to stay home from the superbowl party we were going to go to. I did my Jillian workout earlier, which kicked my ass, so happy I got in my two workouts this weekend that I aimed for.

I really appreciate your comments on my last post. It really made me re-assess my thinking, and what I need to do to turn my behaviors around . Dealing with Dawns passing as been difficult, and dealing with it sober has been a challenge. I lost a friend about 6 years ago, and I dealt with it only with alcohol. I almost turned to alcohol on Friday. I literally was in the car getting ready to go to the liquor store, but I stopped myself. Im happy I stopped and thought about that decision, since lately I havent been doing that. I feel like Im on an up on that rollercoaster, and think Ill ride it for a little while. Who knows maybe it will level out for a little while :)

P.S. Here is the myspace page I created - http://www.myspace.com/melissa3dayjourney

2 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

I hate to see those days, but that's our reality sometimes. Glad to see you fight the alcohol demons, they're probably the demons that helped you gain the weight in the first place.

You're strong, Mel. We all have weak days, but I think if you look inside yourself, look at what is IMPORTANT and sort it from the rest, I think you're going to be ok.

Hang in there - we're around if you need us. I like the page, too :)

Rebecca said...

I agree with Rob - you are strong. Give yourself more credit. Glad you're taking the pressure off yourself. I do that, so I understand. Self-inflicted pressure is the worst kind I think, Hang in there sweetie!