CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Happy Boobiversary!

To me! Today is the one year anniversary of my breast reduction. A lot has happened in a year. But that breast reduction was the Best. Decision. Ever. I couldn't be happier with the results, and with the pain free year I have had. It also is the day I declared I would start a new healthy lifestyle. Physically and Emotionally. This is a great day. Lets see in the last year I have....

  • Lost 30 lbs
  • Ran in my first 5k
  • Learned to love my body
  • Learn to deal with life sober
  • Found the best online support group of friends ever
  • Did I say learn to run?
  • Gain confidence I never knew I had
  • Learned to love myself
  • Took my love relationship to the next level
  • Walked in my first PAIN-FREE Breast Cancer 3 Day
  • Broaden my circle friends with some amazing people
  • Finally admitted and started to deal with being a victim of childhood sexual abuse
  • Really connected with my family where once I felt like an outsider
  • Dealt and still dealing with a very painful friends death and realizing how precious life really is!
  • Okay, did I mention running? :)
Not all fitness related, but all equally important :) This next year is going to be even better! I plan on taking it to the next level, and keep challenging myself to grow and be the best I can be :)

Now want to see what caused me all those back and neck problems? I cant believe Im posting these pictures...

Here are two before pictures....

























And After...

























And this picture was right after my surgery - still wearing post surgical bra so they were a bit smashed.
























Phew, what a load off my shoulders! This surgery really made so many positive changes in my life, physically and emotionally. It really started the whole re-evaluation of who I am and where my life was. Who would of thought getting a cosmetic surgery would open the door to changing so many aspects of my life. Thank you Dr. Puri. You changed my life :)

P.S. My tattoo appt is tomorrow - I cant think of a better day after to have it :) Stay tuned for pictures!

8 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Proud of you Mel - you've come SUCH a long way. Let's get the snow off the ground so we can go for some of these runs/walks.

Carrie said...

Amazing what can happen in a year. You look (and obviously feel) great, even with the couple of sad things that have happened. Here's to the next year!

inked said...

That is a great list of accomplishments. Heres to an even better 2008. Good luck with the tattoo appointment. I'm addicted to ink...I was already having some cravings...but you are really making me want to schedule another appointment.

Geoff said...

I've made getting my first tattoo my reward for hitting 200 pounds. Only 16 pounds to go :)

Julie said...

I'm sure you're an inspiration to several people reading your blog.

I'm scared of needles although I did have a belly ring, but I think I'm pass the point where I want to wear one of those.

Congratulations!

Ripx180 said...

Looks like you had a great year. I do hope this ones even better for you. I think I already said this before but my wife plans to have breast reduction after baby number two. I may point her to you for some Q&A. She has the same back and neck issues you speak of. Anyway loved the positive vibe flowing from your post today. Made me smile.

Rebecca said...

You've had a busy year. You look great!

inked said...

How the tattoo appointment go?