CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Exciting Things Happening



Life is so good right now. Each day is bringing on a new adventure, and I am truly blessed with everything. First why am I up at 7am?Because I couldnt sleep due to the excitement. Im running in my first half marathon tomorrow! Im heading out in a few hours to Cincinnati. Unfortunately, Grant is not able to go down with me. Im really bummed about it, but trying to make the best of the situation. Im staying with my friend Alli, who is running the full. So I know we will still have a blast. Grants hooked up with the text messages of my progress during the race though :)

Is it possible to be so excited that you feel like you might puke at any moment? Im pretty much at that point. I feel as ready as Im going to be, but am freaking a little bit about the challenging course. Which is hills, hills, hills. Ill reach the highest part of the hills around mile 10. Than its downhill. Maybe Ill just roll into the finish line. LOL All I have to keep remembering is that Im running this race for ME, and ME only. My goal is to finish, and most importantly HAVE FUN!

We had an awesome vacation in Arizona two weeks ago. It was just what I needed! It was my birthday, so it was like a week long birthday vacation. What more can you ask for? We stayed at this amazing resort, in Carefree, AZ. We went on a hot air balloon ride, got massages, hiking, shopping, relaxing by the pool, and horseback riding. I want to go back..better yet move there! Its so much more laid back, and beautiful! How can you be grumpy when walking out your front door and seeing mountains! The hiking is awesome....and what a great place to live to maintain an active lifestyle :)

In other news, on the night we got back from Arizona we had a concert to go to at St. Andrews Hall in Detroit. We were going to see Newton Faulkner. Great show by the way :) St. Andrews Hall was the first place Grant told me he loved me about 7 years ago. During one of the romantic songs, Dream Catch Me, he asked me to sit down with him, and than he gave a wonderful
speech about how romantic of a week it had been, and now we are at the first place he said he loved me. And than down on one knee he went, and asked me to marry him!!!!!! I didnt see that coming at all! Everything about that proposal was absolutely perfect. A perfect ending to a pretty perfect week.

I couldn't be happier to spend the rest of my life with this man. Our relationship had evolved into such a beautiful thing, and it just keeps growing so much stronger. I cant wait to see what the future brings us!

Exciting stuff going on in my life :) Well I have to shower and hit the road. Stay tuned for the race report when I get back.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Awesome, congratulations, and have fun! Sounds like things have been absolutely awesome for you, and I'm happy!

Ripx180 said...

Nice!! Nice!! Your blog put a big ole sentimental man smile on my face :). Sounds like a perfect week with the one you love. Congrats on the marriage proposal. Marriage has been nothing but good for this guy. I will be checking back soon for a race report. Did you get the tattoo finished? if so pics? Take care Melissa and keep the blogs coming.