CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Jazzercise

On Saturday I decided to try Jazzercise. The first class was free, so I figured why not try it out. I was a little nervous since for one I suck at group exercise. It takes me quite sometime to catch on to the moves. I swear sometimes I feel like I have two left feet. Also, stepping out of my comfort zone looking like a chubalub is not always fun. Lastly, I honestly thought it was going to be cheesy. But I was pleasantly surprised by the class.

There are all ages in the class, and all different fitness levels. And everyone was really friendly which made it even more relaxing. The classes are 60 minutes, and its a combination of dance, pilates, yoga, kick-boxing, and resistance training. It starts off with a little warm up, than you do cardio, strengthening, and stretching. All of this is done to Top 40's, country, jazz, and everything in between. Some moves felt silly, but they were fun. I could feel my heart rate pumping, and calories burning. :) And I did have two left feet, I was catching on to the moves by the end of each song. LOL I sweated quite a bit, and felt like I got a good workout in by the end. Im defintely feeling the burn today to. Although that could be due to not using these muscles for awhile. LOL

I just wonder if after a month or so, if it would be effective or not. If I would feel like its really pushing me to the fitness level I want. Its really hard to judge by just one class though. At this point any exercise is helpful though! Look at me talking about if it will push me to a certain fitness level, like Ive ever even been at that point before. lol

The location I went to, if you sign up you can go to two different facilities. Which has 2 different instructors at each location, so it would be mixed up a bit. And they do offer 3 different types of jazzercise. So they are running a special right now and Im going to give it a whirl. I figure its something I enjoy, and have fun doing...and it is a 60 minute workout. So why not. I can use heavier handweights as time goes on, so we will see how I feel about it in a few months. The special is for the rest of the year, and pretty cheap. So Ill reassess after that. If I still enjoy it, its on a month to month contract so its not like your locked in for a year or two.

Jazzercise..me? Who would of thunk?

Now besides that I had the most kickass run today. The kind of run where you feel like your gliding, and could run forever. It was a great way to clear my head with the recent events going on in my life. Its been a good weekend. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahah, Jazzercise, nice.

If it gets you moving and your heartrate up, then more power!

Ripx180 said...

Hey at least your not riding a tony little gazelle or burning it up with Richard Simmons... then I would really have to laugh. A hour long workout is no joke especially if its getting you sweaty and feeling tired. I always think "If I am doing something than its better than nothing". Allot of people have gotten good results doing the jazzercise.

Sharon said...

I'm about to try it for the 1st time on Thursday. I'm glad it was a good first experience for you.
I took dance growing up, so I'm hopeful that I'll stay motivated with this.

Good Luck! Does the monthly fee allow you to go to as many classes each week as you want?

Melissa said...

Sharon, yep the monthly fee lets you take as many classes as you want from what I understand. And depending on the facility they have different styles of jazzercise.

Sharon said...

Thanks. :)

Btw, I tried my first Jazzercise class tonight. I am TIRED!