CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Surround Yourself Around Positivity

That is what Ive been trying to do. Ive taken note that grieving is a one step forward, two step back process. When Im having a good day, I know a few bad days will follow. Its just how the cycle has been. But if Im surrounding myself around positivity than I can at least make those bad days a little bit better. Last week was like a 6 step back kind of week. Probably the hardest week since he passed. I really struggled through the week to try to not fall into the depression hole. I decided to go out and meet some other 3 day walkers for a training walk on Saturday. Best decision I made all weekend. Its like positivity to the extreme. Even though it was raining on us through the entire 3 hour walk, we didnt care. We shared ideas, experiences, and excitement for the upcoming 3 day. Its just what I needed. Unfortunately the rain and wet feet gave me a few blisters, but it was bound to happen sooner or later.

And the cycle repeated itself today. Great day yesterday, not so great day today. I allowed some sadness, but than joined Grant in cooking dinner and my mood brightened. I tried to not put all my focus on the sadness in my heart, but redirect some of those emotions on the connection I was having with Grant. I can definitely say theres been an improvement on how Im handling my emotions.

I can also gladly say the scale is moving in the right direction again. The house literally had no food in it, so Grant and I did a intense grocery shopping session yesterday. Preparation has always been a key to success with me. So Im going back to the basics. Preparing for each day, and being consistent. I simply just want to make sure Im doing something active everyday. And working towards one small goal each day. Ive need to take one day at a time, since that is how Im handling the rest of my life.

Im happy to say, this has been one of my better weekends. Speaking of preparation, I better go prepare for my Monday :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you're handling this well. I'm so glad to see that you're having good days. :)

Brian said...

I just wanted to let you know that I posted a picture on my blog today just for you. Enjoy :)

lj said...

Melissa, I've never lost someone so close to me so I can only imagine the pain that you are suffering. But I do know a little something about depression and it sounds like you are handling it really well. Depression can be so crippling and paralyzing. I think you are doing all the right things. Just getting up/out and about to do something (*anything*) can really make a huge difference in your mood. I hope your days get better soon :)

Rob Tucker said...

Just wanted to pop in - we haven't talked for a while, and wanted to keep in touch. With everything happening lately, we sometimes need to remember to lean on others who are just a bit stronger sometimes. I've fallen victim to the weight loss gods myself lately.

You're doing the best you can with what you've been given. If you need anything, you know where to find me.

(PS: Our bowlathon is this weekend - I totally forgot until yesterday lol)